OT: Yankees blast Dodgers

BF_in_Indiana

"The Dodgers reneged on the deal that was agreed to last Friday, unequivocally and with no contingencies except for a window for contract extensions and physicals,'' Yankees president Randy Levine said. ``For some reason, the Dodgers over the weekend started to backpedal. Why they would break their word is only something they can answer. It sure is disappointing, and we'll have to think long and hard before ever doing business with the Dodgers again.''

Maybe they realized they were giving up WAY too much for what they were getting?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Dodgers reneged on the deal that was agreed to last Friday, unequivocally and with no contingencies except for a window for contract extensions and physicals,'' Yankees president Randy Levine said. ``For some reason, the Dodgers over the weekend started to backpedal. Why they would break their word is only something they can answer. It sure is disappointing, and we'll have to think long and hard before ever doing business with the Dodgers again.''

Maybe they realized they were giving up WAY too much for what they were getting?

173673[/snapback]

Now Shawn Green has told them no way will he resign with them next year. They just announced that JD Drew has signed a five year deal with the Dodgers.

Now Shawn Green has told them no way will he resign with them next year. They just announced that JD Drew has signed a five year deal with the Dodgers.

173681[/snapback]

I think the Dodgers were getting the worst of the deal. They were sending Ishi (sp) and Green and someone else (help me here T) and I think all they were getting was Vasquez and someone else.

I didn't like the deal from their POV either.

I think the Dodgers were getting the worst of the deal.  They were sending Ishi (sp) and Green and someone else (help me here T) and I think all they were getting was Vasquez and someone else.

173687[/snapback]

Im sure they will be removed from the Yanks speed dial if they havent been already. :D I wanted the Yanks to keep Dioneer Navarro anyway.....JP is 34 and can't catch forever. My gut feeling still says Randy is a Yankee soon.

Im sure they will be removed from the Yanks speed dial if they havent been already. :D  I wanted the Yanks to keep Dioneer Navarro anyway.....JP is 34 and can't catch forever. My gut feeling still says Randy is a Yankee soon.

173695[/snapback]

My gut feeling is that Arizona is going to end up getting hosed in this deal. They know they have to move him and now that this megadeal has fallen apart it will end up being Johnson for a few scrubs would be my guess.

I think the Dodgers were getting the worst of the deal.  They were sending Ishi (sp) and Green and someone else (help me here T) and I think all they were getting was Vasquez and someone else.

173687[/snapback]

They were getting the top 2 prospects in the Yankee organization, Navarro and Duncan. Both of those players are considered "can't miss" by virtually everyone with a baseball pedigree. Both would fill the holes the Dodgers made for themselves at catcher and 3B within a short period of time.

For the long term the Dodgers were getting the BEST of the deal.

You sure know alot about baseball. :D

They were getting the top 2 prospects in the Yankee organization, Navarro and Duncan.  Both of those players are considered "can't miss" by virtually everyone with a baseball pedigree.  Both would fill the holes the Dodgers made for themselves at catcher and 3B within a short period of time.

You sure know alot about baseball.  :D

173704[/snapback]

Thanks for coming in like usual and trying to stir sh-- up with me. I will take the opposite approach here though. What level of ball were these two in and I would like some numbers for each this past season please.

I heard that the big snag in this deal was that Javier Vasquez refused to take a physical, anyone else read or hear the same thing???

Alaska Darin I agree, I thought LA was getting the best of this deal long term, besides a torrid 2 month stretch a couple fo years ago, Shawn Green has been a BIG disappointment for the Dodgers, all of the sudden he is indespensable?

Brad Penny and Javier IMO cancel each other out.

Thanks for coming in like usual and trying to stir sh-- up with me.  I will take the opposite approach here though.  What level of ball were these two in and I would like some numbers for each this past season please.

173709[/snapback]

Good Luck :D

You made yet another ignorant statement based on nothing more than your hatred of the Yankees. Cry me a river.

I heard that the big snag in this deal was that Javier Vasquez refused to take a physical, anyone else read or hear the same thing???

Alaska Darin I agree, I thought LA was getting the best of this deal long term, besides a torrid 2 month stretch a couple fo years ago, Shawn Green has been a BIG disappointment for the Dodgers, all of the sudden he is indespensable?

173714[/snapback]

I also read that Javy refused to take a physical for LA. That raises a red flag for me.........arm problems.

They were getting the top 2 prospects in the Yankee organization, Navarro and Duncan.  Both of those players are considered "can't miss" by virtually everyone with a baseball pedigree.  Both would fill the holes the Dodgers made for themselves at catcher and 3B within a short period of time.

You sure know alot about baseball.  :D

173704[/snapback]

On top of that, they were getting Vasquez, who has proven during his career that he can eat up a lot of innings and record a lot of strike outs....in the National League. In a pitcher's park like Dodger Stadium, I think getting two highly-regarded prospects and Javier was pretty good. Not great, mind you, but they could have done worse.

Shawn Green has been a disappointment and Brad Penny could be one breaking ball from his arm falling off like Dave Dravecky. LA should have made this move.

Good Luck  :D

You made yet another ignorant statement based on nothing more than your hatred of the Yankees.  Cry me a river.

173721[/snapback]

So without providing any numbers on these two players I'm supposed to believe they are "can't miss" and "sure things".

You are the one making the ignorant statements.

Minor league players are never "can't miss". As far as the players that are ready NOW the Dodgers were taking it in the ass.

On top of that, they were getting Vasquez, who has proven during his career that he can eat up a lot of innings and record a lot of strike outs....in the National League. In a pitcher's park like Dodger Stadium, I think getting two highly-regarded prospects and Javier was pretty good. Not great, mind you, but they could have done worse.

Shawn Green has been a disappointment and Brad Penny could be one breaking ball from his arm falling off like Dave Dravecky. LA should have made this move.

173726[/snapback]

The Yankees don't want Vasquez for a reason. They have been trying to unload him for a while now, and not just to Arizona.

173726[/snapback]

They were also in line to get a pitching prospect from Arizona, though his name slips my mind. DiPodesta is doing alot of odd things...

173714[/snapback]

Adrian Beltre bolting to Seattle is the reason this didn't get done. The Dodgers had second thoughts after realizing that they needed to keep the offense that they lost with Beltre. That's why Green became "indespensible" all of a sudden.