OT: Yankees blast Dodgers

BF_in_Indiana

So without providing any numbers on these two players I'm supposed to believe they are "can't miss" and "sure things".

You are the one making the ignorant statements.

Minor league players are never "can't miss".  As far as the players that are ready NOW the Dodgers were taking it in the ass.

173732[/snapback]

Do your own research. There's so much information out there about both of those kids that even you could find it.

How would you know? You don't even know who was involved in the deal.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that javy is being "unloaded" but Im sure you think Penny is a prized pitcher....hmmmm  :D  :P  :P

173745[/snapback]

And I'm quite sure that he has recently expressed his confidence in Ankiel because he is dominating 14-year old kids down in Ecuador or wherever the hell he is. Yet Vasquez, despite winning 14 games and being more accomplished, needs to be unloaded.

They were also in line to get a pitching prospect from Arizona, though his name slips my mind.  DiPodesta is doing alot of odd things...

173749[/snapback]

I think DePodesta could be a pretty good GM but he's working for an owner with all sorts of money problems who should have never been sold the team.

But who cares?

The Angels own SoCal anyway (despite wasting all that money on Orlando Cabrera).

I also read that Javy refused to take a physical for LA.  That raises a red flag for me.........arm problems.

173725[/snapback]

USA Today said he just didn't want to play in L.A. that's why he wouldn't go to his physical.

5 yrs 55 mill for Drew...I hope it works out for both sides. I'll miss his bat but not his heart.

USA Today said he just didn't want to play in L.A. that's why he wouldn't go to his physical.

173777[/snapback]

Thank you for clearing that up. If we keep Vasquez I can live with that..........Brown should NEVER be allowed in Yankee pinstripes EVERY again.

Here is a scouting report on Navarro.

Dioneer Navarro, C, New York Yankees

Signed as an undrafted free agent, 2000, Venezuela

Bats B/Throws R

20 YO, 5'10", 190 lbs

I really wanted to gloat and say that he was overrated going into the season. He probably was overrated. And he failed to meet the unrealistic expectations that were thrust upon him. But on the other hand, he did make it to AA as a 19 year old, and to AAA as a 20 year old.

Here are the numbers. In AA Trenton this season, he hit .271/.354/.369 in 121 at bats. And in 136 International League at bats, he hit .250/.316/.360. His walk rate is strong and improved a lot this season. He won't hit for the kind of average he showed last season (.341 in Trenton), and it doesn't look like he'll ever hit for much power. But he looks like he may slot in as a fringe starter in the majors. He's not a bad prospect. He's not a great one either.

ETA: Late 2005

3 Stars

And here are the numbers on Duncan.

http://www.sports-wired.com/players/profile.asp?ID=37288

Yeah sure Darin, these guys are "can't miss".

Darric Barton had better numbers than BOTH of these guys.

Here is a scouting report on Navarro.

Dioneer Navarro, C, New York Yankees

Signed as an undrafted free agent, 2000, Venezuela

Bats B/Throws R

20 YO, 5'10", 190 lbs

I really wanted to gloat and say that he was overrated going into the season. He probably was overrated. And he failed to meet the unrealistic expectations that were thrust upon him. But on the other hand, he did make it to AA as a 19 year old, and to AAA as a 20 year old.

Here are the numbers. In AA Trenton this season, he hit .271/.354/.369 in 121 at bats. And in 136 International League at bats, he hit .250/.316/.360. His walk rate is strong and improved a lot this season. He won't hit for the kind of average he showed last season (.341 in Trenton), and it doesn't look like he'll ever hit for much power. But he looks like he may slot in as a fringe starter in the majors. He's not a bad prospect. He's not a great one either.

ETA: Late 2005

3 Stars

And here are the numbers on Duncan.

http://www.sports-wired.com/players/profile.asp?ID=37288

Yeah sure Darin, these guys are "can't miss".

Darric Barton had better numbers than BOTH of these guys.

173803[/snapback]

Yeah, now go join the whining about how Mooreman didn't make the Pro Bowl because Lechler has better numbers but numbers don't tell the whole story. Nice try, Beavis.

Respected baseball people like John Schuerholz have weighed in on Navarro and Duncan. You know dick and yet think your opinion has merit when you all you've done is an internet search?

Yeah, now go join the whining about how Mooreman didn't make the Pro Bowl because Lechler has better numbers but numbers don't tell the whole story.  Nice try, Beavis.

173845[/snapback]

Numbers don't tell the story?

Yeah I would much rather have a guy hitting .250 with 5 homers than I would a guy hitting .300 with 30 homers.

Why don't you make a case that's a little more legit.

Awesome job, BF shooting down the Skank Kool-aid hype machine.

Hope those Skanks and their fans are loving the back pages today, those same pages they tried their hardest to steal from the Mets last week.

Payback's a B word, isnt it.

And Darin...I love ya....but the irony that you pride yourself on not being a "lemming" and "marching lockstep" but youre a fan of the Yankees, baseball's equivalent of the Red Army is not lost on me. :D

Hope those Skanks and their fans are loving the back pages today, those same pages they tried their hardest to steal from the Mets last week.

And Darin...I love ya....but the irony that you pride yourself on not being a "lemming" and "marching lockstep" but youre a fan of the Yankees, baseball's equivalent of the Red Army is not lost on me.  :w00t:

173855[/snapback]

Well when someone tells me a guy is "can't miss" and he's batting .250 he's just full of sh--.

And Darin...I love ya....but the irony that you pride yourself on not being a "lemming" and "marching lockstep" but youre a fan of the Yankees, baseball's equivalent of the Red Army is not lost on me.  :w00t:

173855[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm going to apologize for growing up in NY with a grandfather and father who were Yankee fans and who took me to Yankee Stadium every year since I was 4 years old, telling tales of Moose, Mickey, Whitey, etc to a wide eyed boy on the long rides from our home outside Rochester. Those are memories I wouldn't trade and a legacy I won't betray for people I couldn't pick out of a pile of sh--.

I suffered through a ton of losing growing up and thoroughly enjoyed the Renaissance of the franchise, which happened when Steinbrenner was kicked out of baseball and the team rebuilt the right way because he was gone. Anyone who didn't like the last Yankee group that won Championships ought to have their friggin' head examined.

If you read any of my posts on the subject last season, you'd have seen the numerous times that I stated how much I dislike the current group and they are missing the moxy and heart required. I also don't like the economics of baseball but I don't begrudge Mr. Steinbrenner for using the resources he developed to make the team better.

Other than that, feel free to go fug yourself this holiday season. :P

Yeah, I'm going to apologize for growing up in NY with a grandfather and father who were Yankee fans and who took me to Yankee Stadium every year since I was 4 years old, telling tales of Moose, Mickey, Whitey, etc to a wide eyed boy on the long rides from our home outside Rochester.  Those are memories I wouldn't trade and a legacy I won't betray for people I couldn't pick out of a pile of sh--.

I suffered through a ton of losing growing up and thoroughly enjoyed the Renaissance of the franchise, which happened because Steinbrenner was kicked out of baseball and the team rebuilt the right way because he was gone.  Anyone who didn't like the last Yankee group that won Championships ought to have their friggin' head examined.

If you read any of my posts on the subject last season, you'd have seen the numerous times that I stated how much I dislike the current group and they are missing the moxy and heart required.  I also don't like the economics of baseball but I don't begrudge Mr. Steinbrenner for using the resources he developed to make the team better.

Other than that, feel free to go fug yourself this holiday season.  :P

173870[/snapback]

Yeah yeah yeah......Mariano get that third out in Fenway yet? :w00t:

Yeah, I'm going to apologize for growing up in NY with a grandfather and father who were Yankee fans and who took me to Yankee Stadium every year since I was 4 years old, telling tales of Moose, Mickey, Whitey, etc to a wide eyed boy on the long rides from our home outside Rochester.  Those are memories I wouldn't trade and a legacy I won't betray for people I couldn't pick out of a pile of sh--.

I suffered through a ton of losing growing up and thoroughly enjoyed the Renaissance of the franchise, which happened when Steinbrenner was kicked out of baseball and the team rebuilt the right way because he was gone.  Anyone who didn't like the last Yankee group that won Championships ought to have their friggin' head examined.

If you read any of my posts on the subject last season, you'd have seen the numerous times that I stated how much I dislike the current group and they are missing the moxy and heart required.  I also don't like the economics of baseball but I don't begrudge Mr. Steinbrenner for using the resources he developed to make the team better.

Other than that, feel free to go fug yourself this holiday season.  :w00t:

173870[/snapback]

Ditto all of that to all the people and their lame-ass anti-Yankee sentiment.

To all those people who say...

"It's easy rooting for the Yankees."

To all those people who call every Yankee fan a bandwagon fan...

what Darin said.

I suffered through a ton of losing growing up and thoroughly enjoyed the Renaissance of the franchise, which happened when Steinbrenner was kicked out of baseball and the team rebuilt the right way because he was gone.  Anyone who didn't like the last Yankee group that won Championships ought to have their friggin' head examined.

Other than that, feel free to go fug yourself this holiday season.  :w00t:

173870[/snapback]

well said Darin. Well said.

Yeah yeah yeah......Mariano get that third out in Fenway yet?  :w00t:

173890[/snapback]

Since you're bringing up the past....

1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000.

26 World Championships. 

Keep hating.  It's funny and pathetic.

173896[/snapback]

Give it up. You know as well as I do that the great Steinbrenner and the oh-so-patient members of Yankee fandom have the biggest "what have you done for me lately" attitude of anyone.

And as Yankee fans have historically been wont to point out: You don't get rings for winning the Hot Stove league.

Give it up.  You know as well as I do that the great Steinbrenner and the oh-so-patient members of Yankee fandom have the biggest "what have you done for me lately" attitude of anyone.

And as Yankee fans have historically been wont to point out:  You don't get rings for winning the Hot Stove league.

173905[/snapback]

Do you actually have a point? And why exactly should I care what it is anyway?

Thank you for clearing that up.  If we keep Vasquez I can live with that..........Brown should NEVER be allowed in Yankee pinstripes EVERY again.

173784[/snapback]

If Javy nixed this deal because he refused to go to LA....well then Im sure Mr Steinbrenner will find another location that will fit to his liking.