Road game test

This weekend is a big game for many reasons, but so far the Bills are 1 and 1 on the young year in road games.

K.C. is one of the weaker teams in the league this year. Bottom third so far.

Cincy is an average to good team. i see them as a middle of the pack team, with potential.

To get to 10-12 wins, buffalo is going to have to show they can beat good teams on the road.

agreed, KC sucks and we dismantled them from the first kickoff - sooo, maybe not the best indicator of how we fare on the road, but at least the young bills team rose to the occassion and dominated KC

AT Cinci - we sucked all day and still had a chance/could have/should have won - but didnt....

This week will truly be telling as to how bad this Bills team wants it, and how they respond on the road in a tough environment...I see the giants as "middle of the road" team, who sometimes comes to play on offense but is bad on defense (pass rush aside, which sometimes is enough to win games) and will be a good test for this team, really hope they come to play from the first kick...

I was thinking the same thing. If the Bills want to get to the playoffs this year they will have to win the road games. They look great right now at home and I do not think that will change going forward barring injuries but on the road we have only seen the two games: beat-down of an unprepared Kansas City Chiefs in Week 1 and the poor offensive showing against the Bengals and their high-motor defense. I think the Bills will take anyone foolish enough to roll on up Orchard Park way, but they have 7, counting Toronto, road games left: I do believe they can do it but my optimism will be shaken by a poor showing in the Meadowlands.

I was thinking the same thing. If the Bills want to get to the playoffs this year they will have to win the road games. They look great right now at home and I do not think that will change going forward barring injuries but on the road we have only seen the two games: beat-down of an unprepared Kansas City Chiefs in Week 1 and the poor offensive showing against the Bengals and their high-motor defense. I think the Bills will take anyone foolish enough to roll on up Orchard Park way, but they have 7, counting Toronto, road games left: I do believe they can do it but my optimism will be shaken by a poor showing in the Meadowlands.

This was my thought.

It seems at times the team loses focus or almost goes to sleep, especially on offense. I know they have great stats and are puttin gup a lot of points-save the Cincy game. But the entire 3rd qtr against the Eagles the whole O looked sluggish, even the play calling.

It is easier to turn the momentum with 70,000 fans cheering you on. They need to show they can do it on the road by themselves. To take that next step into being a solid, good team, need to win some tough road games.

This weekend is a big game for many reasons, but so far the Bills are 1 and 1 on the young year in road games.

K.C. is one of the weaker teams in the league this year. Bottom third so far.

Cincy is an average to good team. i see them as a middle of the pack team, with potential.

To get to 10-12 wins, buffalo is going to have to show they can beat good teams on the road.

Win your home games and split on the road is the recipe for the playoffs in the NFL. All games are basically big games in a 16 game schedule, but a win this week would really boost their confidence on the road. Considering they are pretty much on the road 5 out of the next 6 games, I don't count Toronto as home game, this really is a big game. GO BILLS!!!

Edited by ricojes

I'm wondering how much of an effect all of these nagging injuries are starting to affect our production. Week 1 when healthy we blew out KC. But the injuries have been mounting and our offense and defense getting shakier with each passing week. We need to get all of our players back healthy again to start really be dominating teams again. Or get players that can stay healthy (Merriman, Troupe, Parrish)

I'm wondering how much of an effect all of these nagging injuries are starting to affect our production. Week 1 when healthy we blew out KC. But the injuries have been mounting and our offense and defense getting shakier with each passing week. We need to get all of our players back healthy again to start really be dominating teams again. Or get players that can stay healthy (Merriman, Troupe, Parrish)

Injuries affect every team though. Jason Peters was out last week, Osi is questionable for this week i believe and the giants secondary is/was beat up. Gailey talks about bringing in guys and having them perform and players fitting those holes made by injuries has been a big part of the Bills wins this season. Just last week when Namman came in and got clutch first downs on a couple of receptions. He was just promoted off the practice squad and expected to be a spell guy and he is suddenly thrust into a starting spot and needed to make big plays. Goon Squad indeed, I love those guys. Easy going, too young to know what they can't do and fun loving but seemingly humble. If the Bills play like a team, a real team that works together to make the game go their way, then i don't think anyone can beat them right now. Go Bills!