Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

Royal has done crap since his rookie yr. no thanks.

Llyod for just a 6th maybe a 5th, nicw get for STL.

What has Lloyd done this year? What did he do for his other seven seasons prior to last year? If you're gonna talk about "one year wonders," look at the guy you're hyping. Classic example.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd move for St. Louis, picking up a free-agent to be on a 0-5 team. Seems to fly in the face of rebuilding unless they think want him long-term and getting his rights now gives them a jump on other teams.

Lloyd is only 30 years old and potentially has another 4-5 years left. The Rams gave up at-worst a 5th rounder, and have the rest of the season to audition Lloyd and see whether he's worth re-signing for big bucks.

Dont understand not going after Lloyd. Character issues phobia? Me first kind of guy/ Or maybe just a dumb FO non move.

I wonder if the interested teams were allowed to speak with his agent to get an idea of what his demands for a new contract are worth.

I know a 5th or 6th rounder isn't viewed by most people as having great value but Colie pointed out, if you're a young, rebuilding team like the Rams you wouldn't give up a draft choice for a rental player… especially when the team is winless and the season is already doomed.

In other words, the chances are very strong that St. Louis intends to sign Lloyd to a new contract.

I don't think they would have traded for him without having a conversation with his agent.

Therefore I think it's reasonable to assume that the other interested teams also spoke with his agent.

Maybe Lloyd's sense of his own value was not consistent with what the other teams had him appraised for.

I wonder if the interested teams were allowed to speak with his agent to get an idea of what his demands for a new contract are worth.

I know a 5th or 6th rounder isn't viewed by most people as having great value but Colie pointed out, if you're a young, rebuilding team like the Rams you wouldn't give up a draft choice for a rental player… especially when the team is winless and the season is already doomed.

In other words, the chances are very strong that St. Louis intends to sign Lloyd to a new contract.

I don't think they would have traded for him without having a conversation with his agent.

Therefore I think it's reasonable to assume that the other interested teams also spoke with his agent.

Maybe Lloyd's sense of his own value was not consistent with what the other teams had him appraised for.

I agree the Rams intend to seriously consider signing Lloyd to a new deal. I sort of think we might have done the same. What interests me is our FO's thinking. To put a positive, and possibly accurate spin on it, I think their reluctance to bring in FAs at the expense of draft choices (especially during the season) is part of the Bill's personnel policy under this FO. They fully commit to the team concept. Player's grow up in the system. The team commits to the players in that their development will be prioritized. What would it do to Jones head if after a promising start to the season the team parachuted Brandon Lloyd because Jones was out for 4-6 weeks. Physchologically this management approach is designed to bond the players to the organization and produce the best results for the long term, to get the most out of the players on you team, in the best interests of the team and of the players. Maybe Lloyd would have been lucky to be traded to the Bills.