Jasper.....any sightings?

Jasper was on the sideline (at least before the game) on Sunday. I shook his hand and he was very nice. Here's a pic.

http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/billnutinhouston/

I thought for sure this was going to be a Peter Pan pic but took a chance. whew. Jasper looks HUGE. It's hard not to pull for a guy like that. It sure will be a feel good story if he makes it down the line.

Still prefer him at NT, it's a waist of his size to put him at guard.

I'm hearing that people are impressed by his footwork and lightness on his feet, which implies that it is unusual for big guys >315pounds or so. Therefore his spot might be offensive tackle

I thought I'd heard Mount Jasper was working at tackle.

But FWIW, the Bills official roster lists him as an OL which is kind of unclear.

The same roster lists almost all the O-linemen as OLs (including Eric Wood) but two of the tackles (Chris Hairston and Sam Young) as Ts.

Then to add to the confusion, the roster lists practice squad player Keith Williams as G.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Nothing on the Mt. Jasper front since he was named to the practice squad - but it's a long season, Troup has been out for most of it, and now Kyle Williams is hurt - Big Mike may see some action sooner than anyone thinks.

He's so big, the Canadians named a national park after him..

Let the guy polish his skills on the practice squad for a year. The guy was very raw coming out of college the guy needs to get use to NFL type competition. Have him ride the PS this season then have him go through an off-season process and see what he brings to camp next season.

Still prefer him at NT, it's a waist of his size to put him at guard. Quite honestly I don't think he would be good at hitting players in space on the second level. He just needs some time getting his strength up to match his size and then he would be more effective at nose. A guy his size should be able to bench 700 squat 1100 and deadlift 900.

He wasn't that special at NT in college, allowing them to move him to guard

He wasn't that special at NT in college, allowing them to move him to guard

I read that his coach moved him to o-line because most of the teams they played were spread offenses and didn't require a NT but his coach didn't want him sitting on the sidelines.