Dodgers pull out of Johnson deal.....

wwovince

They had a better one last season according to experts also. Where did they end again?? LOL  And Beltran will end in houston.

172616[/snapback]

LOL - you hear that guys? This dude thinks Bletran is going to Houston. Beltran will be in NY ... no doubt. Thats just stupid to say other wise.

And the Yankees did have the better offense last year. We just didnt have 1 more good pitcher. If Randy started game four, then the Yankees would have swept the Red Sox. Unfortunately that didnt happen, but it will this year.

This guy's a tool. All he does is come on this board and talk sh-- at EVERY move the Yankees make. Get a life dumbass! Your team FINALLY won something so enjoy it this year because it will be your last. Come next year you'll be making up all the excuses in the world as to why your team SUX!!! I, for one, as a die hard Yankees fan cannot wait for opening day!!

So the Skanks sent their minions to steal the back pages on the NY papersfrom the Mets last week after the Pedro signing and reportedly were high fiving about it.

Well, enjoy the back pages tomorrow, losers.

Couldnt have happened to a nicer bunch of !@#$s.

LOL - you hear that guys? This dude thinks Bletran is going to Houston. Beltran will be in NY ... no doubt. Thats just stupid to say other wise.

And the Yankees did have the better offense last year. We just didnt have 1 more good pitcher. If Randy started game four, then the Yankees would have swept the Red Sox. Unfortunately that didnt happen, but it will this year.

172625[/snapback]

Another reason to hate the Yankees...Red Sox fan or no. Baseball is boring anyway, but when teams can buy championships or (for those nitpickers out there) contention for championship EVERY year, it kind of makes things boring for the casual sports fan.

Sorry, I forgot about all those Americans who visit McDonald's in foreign countries at the first sign of the Golden Arches. :blink:

There is a reason the Yankees don't want Vasquez.......

That would be because Steinbrenner is out of his mind. Anything to win. He's destroyed our farm and doesn't care what it takes to win another series.

To be totally honest, although acquiring The Big Unit would be great for their rotation short-term (3 year window probably), the impact it would have if the team didn't win would be awful.

Vazquez is still 27 or 28 and has good stuff. I believe he can improve from his disastrous 2nd half.

I also believe sacrificing our top two prospects is ludicrous. Especially Navarro. Posada is already declining and they need to start planning for the future.

So, I am not terribly disappointed that the Dodgers pulled out. They opened their eyes finally and did the right thing for their organization.

Btw... they signed J.D. Drew to a 5-yr $55 million deal.