Just Received my Jerseys

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on supporting the import of counterfeit goods into the U.S. everyone. Keep up the good work, you should be very proud of yourselves.

I second this.

I understand money is tight for alot of people but if you knew what went into making these jerseys, both the human and environmental disregard, maybe you'd think twice.

I've never understood the allure of counterfeit goods. Is it that important to look like you have the "real thing?"

Would be nice to go back to a time when people actually got dressed for games. Let the players wear the uniforms.

Listen people....

30 dollars for a better product(sewn numbers/letters) or 80 bucks for a cheaper replica jersey which the numbers will fade out over time? And don't get me started on the 300 dollar "authentic jerseys" ...

I'll take the 30 buck deal every time. Its common sense to me. Just saying. I dont give a blue ball where its made as long as I got the power to get it.

Is this thread 4 pages long? Seriously ? LOL

I got a Dareus a few months ago and everything is great, except I wish there were elastic sleeves. The sleeves go down to my forearms so I might just put my own elastic in soon. I have a bunch of friends who have gone to Dhgate and I've noticed one glaring difference between every one of the jerseys. Between 5 jerseys, the "BILLS" above the numbers on the front are ALL DIFFERENT. One is small, one is large, on is sewn directly on the jersey, one is sewn a different way. Not that this is a big deal, just something to be aware of when you order them.

I love your avatar

I second this.

I understand money is tight for alot of people but if you knew what went into making these jerseys, both the human and environmental disregard, maybe you'd think twice.

I've never understood the allure of counterfeit goods. Is it that important to look like you have the "real thing?"

Would be nice to go back to a time when people actually got dressed for games. Let the players wear the uniforms.

There is little difference between the 'real thing' manufacturers using cheap labor and taking advantage of poor environmental standards and knockoff manufacturers using cheap labor and taking advantage of poor environmental standards. To state that there is is perpetuating a falsehood, otherwise more garments would be made in the USA... so why aren't they? Hmmmm...

Edited by BmoreBills

There is little difference between the 'real thing' manufacturers using cheap labor and taking advantage of poor environmental standards and knockoff manufacturers using cheap labor and taking advantage of poor environmental standards. To state that there is is perpetuating a falsehood, otherwise more garments would be made in the USA... so why aren't they? Hmmmm...

Thank you for finally proving a point, albeit one that you probably didn't intend to make. You claim that you justify buying counterfeit goods because there is little difference between the "real thing" and the fakes.

If the jersey's were made in America they would cost significantly more to make to pay for higher wages, benefits, taxes etc, and retail for much more than they do know.

People like you would complain EVEN MORE about the price and use that argument to still justify buying the counterfeit goods.

Thank you for finally proving a point, albeit one that you probably didn't intend to make. You claim that you justify buying counterfeit goods because there is little difference between the "real thing" and the fakes.

If the jersey's were made in America they would cost significantly more to make to pay for higher wages, benefits, taxes etc, and retail for much more than they do know.

People like you would complain EVEN MORE about the price and use that argument to still justify buying the counterfeit goods.

I'm living in the here and now, where these products are made overseas with the low standards of manufacture I stated, where there is no difference.

Live by the rules of supply and demand, die by the rules of supply and demand.

get off your high horse because you are looking like a fool

All jerseys are made from foreign countries, mainly asia. So just because I get a good deal you shouldn't really give a damn because it's my money.....so leave the thread unless you ordered one and it didn't come the right way.

get off your high horse because you are looking like a fool

All jerseys are made from foreign countries, mainly asia. So just because I get a good deal you shouldn't really give a damn because it's my money.....so leave the thread unless you ordered one and it didn't come the right way.

Go back and read, I don't give a damn where they are made and you are right, you can spend your money however you want to. If you can sleep at night buying illegally produced merchandise and justify it buy saying that everything is made in Asia anyway and the real one's are "too expensive" that is your prerogative. But pretending like buying the stuff is somehow a legitimate "good deal" is complete BS.

I am sure that if you were the one being stolen from you would feel differently. Still trying to figure out how that makes me a fool but you are obviously much more enlightened that I am.

I'm living in the here and now, where these products are made overseas with the low standards of manufacture I stated, where there is no difference.

Live by the rules of supply and demand, die by the rules of supply and demand.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Edited by ACor58

Stay away from the seller "Jerseybaby" on DHgate. Disaster. Total complete disaster.

Agree 100%. I ordered two custom jerseys from "jerseybaby". One was good, the other had the BILLS front logo off-center by about 3 inches (very noticeable). At first they tried taking $7 off and telling me to get it restitched, but I fought back. Ended up getting $20 off (jersey was $60).

Overall, the hassle wasn't worth it. Stay away from jerseybaby.

A falsehood? So large corporations like Nike and Reebok aren't held to a higher standard through regulation (that they constantly try to buck, no doubt) than the back-alley counterfeit manufacturers? Quit talking out your ass and keep wearing your sub-standard apparel.

Go back and read, I don't give a damn where they are made and you are right, you can spend your money however you want to. If you can sleep at night buying illegally produced merchandise and justify it buy saying that everything is made in Asia anyway and the real one's are "too expensive" that is your prerogative. But pretending like buying the stuff is somehow a legitimate "good deal" is complete BS.

I am sure that if you were the one being stolen from you would feel differently. Still trying to figure out how that makes me a fool but you are obviously much more enlightened that I am.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Stolen from? I'm not the one dodging taxes and labor standards and then trying to cry foul over knockoffs for the sake of a buck. I'm just taking advantage of the benefits everyone seems to enjoy.

I don't need to quote others in order to burst your balloon and insult you... and you are only embarrassing yourself.

A falsehood? So large corporations like Nike and Reebok aren't held to a higher standard through regulation (that they constantly try to buck, no doubt) than the back-alley counterfeit manufacturers? Quit talking out your ass and keep wearing your sub-standard apparel.

No, they are not. Their base of operations are overseas, and the only scrutiny they face is in the media to try and force them to make changes to their manufacturing processes by shaming them. I will continue to save money like those big corporations do.

This simply isn't true. Not even close. If the jerseys were made in the U.S. then they would charge more, yes, for saying they were American made. As far as paying for the labor- no, they already charge more than enough for an authentic jersey to cover labor and significant profit (300 dollars per jersey? what are they paying factory workers these days? 50 dollars an hour? Give me a break).

Additionally, you've negated your point that the authentic jerseys are made in a better environment where they take care of their workers. The difference in locations- according to you- allows the NFL to charge less because of labor costs, but surely those costs wouldn't be all that different anyway, since the NFL Approved shops in China clearly pay their workers what they deserve for making "quality" product?

I'll be in Korea in a few months and I'll be able to buy the same replica jerseys they sell for $85 or so for about $20 each. That's where a lot of this merchandise comes from... who says any of it is American made?

I got a Dareus a few months ago and everything is great, except I wish there were elastic sleeves. The sleeves go down to my forearms so I might just put my own elastic in soon. I have a bunch of friends who have gone to Dhgate and I've noticed one glaring difference between every one of the jerseys. Between 5 jerseys, the "BILLS" above the numbers on the front are ALL DIFFERENT. One is small, one is large, on is sewn directly on the jersey, one is sewn a different way. Not that this is a big deal, just something to be aware of when you order them.

That's how my Fitz came - huge font, spread out and not very bold. Also, where the neck meets the NFL logo - they don't matchup at all like they should. Instead of returning it, I kept it. But I'm going to order a Stevie away and a Fitz home, but this time through realfine I think.

Just a few quick points:

Authentic Jerseys are expensive because NFL auctions off monopoly licensing rights to companies. Reebok doesn't have to compete against Nike, Addidas, Under Armour etc., to sell and produce NFL products legally. In 2012, when Nike takes over the licensing agreement they will be granted the same privileges and will be able to charge prices above and beyond the cost of making the jersey because they are only game in town. Similarly New Era won the exclusive license auction process for hat wear.

On a environmental level I'd like to see some evidence that similar goods produced by counterfeiter, are demonstrably harsher on the environment than legally manufactured goods in that same country. E.G., my guess is Reebok's manufacturing shop in China is identical to DHGates in terms of the environmental damages.

From a human level, working conditions in developing conditions are deplorable compared to first world standards. However, there is evidence that jobs making T-shirts and Ipads are better alternatives than a life of rural/subsistence poverty. Standards of living by almost any measure and amongst any class of worker have improved dramatically in China and India.

Just a few quick points:

Authentic Jerseys are expensive because NFL auctions off monopoly licensing rights to companies. Reebok doesn't have to compete against Nike, Addidas, Under Armour etc., to sell and produce NFL products legally. In 2012, when Nike takes over the licensing agreement they will be granted the same privileges and will be able to charge prices above and beyond the cost of making the jersey because they are only game in town. Similarly New Era won the exclusive license auction process for hat wear.

On a environmental level I'd like to see some evidence that similar goods produced by counterfeiter, are demonstrably harsher on the environment than legally manufactured goods in that same country. E.G., my guess is Reebok's manufacturing shop in China is identical to DHGates in terms of the environmental damages.

From a human level, working conditions in developing conditions are deplorable compared to first world standards. However, there is evidence that jobs making T-shirts and Ipads are better alternatives than a life of rural/subsistence poverty. Standards of living by almost any measure and amongst any class of worker have improved dramatically in China and India.

QFT