The "call" sucked, but halftime adjustments were what Buffalo

If the refs get that Stevie Johnson call correctly, it probably would have changed the outcome of this game. It was a horrible call and I don't understand how they got it so blatantly wrong. (These are the things I remember about being a Bills fan)

But to me, it came down to the fact that as poorly as that quarterback played in the first half, the Bills didn't make the adjustments that the Bengals made in the second half. Dalton was completely different in the second half, throwing different passes and finding one on one matchups, and it looked to me like the Bills didn't expect them to change things up. Defensively, they looked really off balance in the second half.

But look, the Bills are 3-1 with a crucial game next week. I think we all knew going in that the defense was going to be a problem. The "O" couldn't bail them out today, and that just happens sometimes. I'll start worrying in a few weeks if the losing continues, but for now, let's hope they just learn some "bending but not breaking".

we stop cedric benson...we stop a.j. green...the ref's don't have an impact on the game....need to worry about things withing their control....although mcelvin seemed to have tight coverage...it seemed his head was always turned the wrong way to actually impact the plays...he hurt us as much as anything

I agree with both of you at this point. If we stop AJ Green alone we win that game. Benson played well but it was the long plays to Green that killed us in the end. We should have won that game but I'm not jumping off bridges just yet. Fitz had his worst game in a while. We had some tough calls. Chan should have stayed with FJ a little more in the 2nd half as well. We had a lead and gave up on the run IMO. Sure we ran it but it seemed like we were only running to set up the pass. If some of those bad passes by Fitz or bad drops by Jones go the other way we aren't having this conversation now, we would be enjoying being 4-0. Overall we got screwed by the refs, Fitz looked rough, Jones looked worse, the defense played about where they should have but the offense couldn't bail them out this week. Next week and the week after against the Eagles and Giants will tell is where this team really is and how we bounce back.

we stop cedric benson...we stop a.j. green...the ref's don't have an impact on the game....need to worry about things withing their control....although mcelvin seemed to have tight coverage...it seemed his head was always turned the wrong way to actually impact the plays...he hurt us as much as anything

You say that as if the NFL hasn't skewed the rules so much in the past several years in favor of offense.

There's how many games now that are into the 30- and 40-point ranges? They want scoring. They've made it easier to score. This is now a league where you've gotta be good on O and you've gotta respond to every score tit-for-tat. Defending is harder and you can't do this, can't do that, can't do the other....

When refs hose you of an opportunity to respond while you're on O, especially late in the game when there's not much of an opportunity to get the ball back, it hurts bad.