The Copy Cat League. Taking it and making it better?

Stealth

This is a good article I found posted on the Bills main message board thought I'd pass it along. Pretty interesting read. How we took a concept that NE has used for the last several years and are making it our own.

My link

Walking off the field Sunday after his heavily favored New England Patriots lost to the Buffalo Bills, Bill Belichick may have been thinking, By Jove, I've created a monster.

In the copycat NFL, where no effective piece of game-planning goes unnoticed for more than 14 seconds, Buffalo may have won the early prize for the innovation of the year—one that is playing a leading role in the team's surprising early-season breakout. You can call it the "stack," the "bunch," or maybe even the "spread scrunch."

Edited by Stealth

This is a good article I found posted on the Bills main message board thought I'd pass it along. Pretty interesting read. How we took a concept that NE has used for the last several years and are making it our own.

My link

Very cool but I still miss the old days of smashmouth football, oh well I still have Nebraska, Wisconsin, LSU, Alabama and the option teams. But the league goes in cycles, the fullback fell out of favor in the 80s early 90s until the cowboys bulldozed every one with a full back and hard running. Once Defenses figure out these spread formations hard running will be back :) .

Very cool but I still miss the old days of smashmouth football, oh well I still have Nebraska, Wisconsin, LSU, Alabama and the option teams. But the league goes in cycles, the fullback fell out of favor in the 80s early 90s until the cowboys bulldozed every one with a full back and hard running. Once Defenses figure out these spread formations hard running will be back :) .

We still have a fullback and we used him very effectively down at the goal line ;) ;) ;)

He looked like he enjoyed it, too