Bills 8-6, heading to the playoffs

marck

As I was watching Miami nail the Patriots last night, I started to think of the critics of the Bills who say that the reason for their record is because of their soft schedule.

Lets simply look back at each of the wins and see how they play out.

12/19/ - Cincinnati - That win looks pretty good dosen't it. The Bengals went to New England and gave the Patriots a great game and the week before that came back on the Ravens Pro Bowl defense for 24 4th Qtr points which is more then Payton Mnaaning had in four quarters. In my opinion, a truly impressive & dominating victory.

12/12 - Cleveland - Nothing to write home here about except how can holding a team to 2 yards until the final drive not be considered dominating. Even though the Browns are awful, this performance was described by Cleveland's coach as "Boys playing against Men".

12/5 - Miami - The Bills beat a Dolphin team getting better each week. The Bills won on the road, by 10 points against a team that had the Bronco's on the ropes on the road and who came back from two scores behind to beat the world champions last night. This win is looking better and better now.

11/28 - Seattle - Went into their home, and put on a toal and complete dominant performance. Beat the leaders of the "NFC LEAST" division by 29 points on the road even with Drew throwing three picks. Also shut down and stuffed Shaun Alexander who leads the NFC in TD'S & Rushing. The Seahawks, although terrible on the road are historically a great home team and the Bills totally kicked the crap out of them.

11/21 - St. Louis - Complete domination on offense, defense and special teams. Stuffed Marshall Faulk, beat up Marc Bulger and dominated on special teams. Great win over a Rams team playing their best football of the season the week before against Seattle. With the Rams struggeling now this win does not seem as impressive, but please take it in the time window of when the game was played and its looks very good in that contect.

So, five wins in a row, each looking very dominant. Just wanted to see what you folks thought of the opinion I have heard that the Bills have feasted on weak opponents.

Thanks.

Every single team with a winning record has "Feasted on Weak Opponents."

The thing to remember is we want the Bills to be a team that causes other teams (and their fans) to look at their schedule and moan about how tough it is. Good teams don't play tough schedules; they create tough schedules for their opponents!

Every single team with a winning record has "Feasted on Weak Opponents."

The thing to remember is we want the Bills to be a team that causes other teams (and their fans) to look at their schedule and moan about how tough it is. Good teams don't play tough schedules; they create tough schedules for their opponents!

171085[/snapback]

good post

I just did a quick run down of strength of victory for the four teams tied for the 6th spot in the AFC.

Currently, the wins by opponents that each team has beaten is:

Buffalo 58

Denver 63

Jax 71

Balt 71

This assuming each of the four win out and no new victories by any already beaten opponents. Right now, it doesn't look like we have a chance in any strength of victory scenario like they said on Countdown last night -- if only strength of victory meant how badly you beat teams when you did win, then we would be front runners as none of the other three teams have dominated any victories like we have for five weeks.

This being said, our best chance is STILL the other three losing at least one game and / or the Jests losing both.

Last night proved that there are no easy schedules...I know it's getting annoying but ANY GIVEN SUNDAY

171127[/snapback]

Strength of schedule up-to-date for a few contenders

Pats 12th toughest

Bills 13th toughest

Colts 17th toughest

Chargers 21st toughest

Eagles 25th toughest

based on team record and where you played them

Sagarin - USA today

After what we have seen the past few years:  Who cares??

Do the Bills still need to improve to become an elite team?  Absolutely.

Lets just enjoy the fact there is a chance.

What is the Jets SOS?  Comparible to Buffalo State's???

171297[/snapback]

Jets 15th SOS.

Remember its based on record at the time you played given team

I just did a quick run down of strength of victory for the four teams tied for the 6th spot in the AFC.

Currently, the wins by opponents that each team has beaten is:

Buffalo 58

Denver  63

Jax 71

Balt 71

This assuming each of the four win out and no new victories by any already beaten opponents.  Right now, it doesn't look like we have a chance in any strength of victory scenario like they said on Countdown last night -- if only strength of victory meant how badly you beat teams when you did win, then we would be front runners as none of the other three teams have dominated any victories like we have for five weeks.

This being said, our best chance is STILL the other three losing at least one game and / or the Jests losing both.

171111[/snapback]

Strength of schedule will not be a tie-breaker for the Bills unless you are talking about a 9-7 tie for the sixth seed. We will own the tie-breaker over the Jets on common opponents and lose to all others on conference record.

right, I just brought it up because some guy on Countdown last night said that Strength of VICTORY would become a household word in the next week and that the Bills would probably get in because of it -- if we win out. We just need to take care of business and hope to get help. If we get all that help this week, we control our own destiny.