X-Files and Buffalo Bills

saundena

I've been watching a lot of X-files episodes lately (bought the complete series on DVD on ebay- if your a fan of the show or the genre, I suggest checking this out) and I noticed the our Bills are referenced more than one would expect on a SciFi TV show.

For instance, the show's main antagonist (the cigarette smoking man) is asked if he has any preference for which team would win the Superbowl that year. Now, if your not familiar with the show, this was a shadowy character with lots of connections and therefore quite possibly had the power to rig the games. His reply was anyone as long as it's not the Bills because he hates them- thus implying that he had a role in their 4 SB losses.

There was also an episode where Mulder and Scully had to meet an informer. Although they didn't know what the informer would look like, they were told that he would be wearing a Buffalo Bills hat. I also noticed Bills posters and banners in the background on several episodes.

I wonder if Chris Carter (X Files director, not the receiver) was a fan of the show? Just wondering if anyone else noticed these things.

Anyway, GO BILLS! Hopefully we'll be 3-0 tomorrow :)

To make the SB 4 years in a row & not win it once meant it was rigged / fixed by a higher authority. The intent of the X-files was to show that everything the public gets is rigged & pre-planned.

Sabres 4-0, Bills 2-0. Things are changing for the better in the world of Buffalo sports.

I've been watching a lot of X-files episodes lately (bought the complete series on DVD on ebay- if your a fan of the show or the genre, I suggest checking this out) and I noticed the our Bills are referenced more than one would expect on a SciFi TV show.

For instance, the show's main antagonist (the cigarette smoking man) is asked if he has any preference for which team would win the Superbowl that year. Now, if your not familiar with the show, this was a shadowy character with lots of connections and therefore quite possibly had the power to rig the games. His reply was anyone as long as it's not the Bills because he hates them- thus implying that he had a role in their 4 SB losses.

There was also an episode where Mulder and Scully had to meet an informer. Although they didn't know what the informer would look like, they were told that he would be wearing a Buffalo Bills hat. I also noticed Bills posters and banners in the background on several episodes.

I wonder if Chris Carter (X Files director, not the receiver) was a fan of the show? Just wondering if anyone else noticed these things.

Anyway, GO BILLS! Hopefully we'll be 3-0 tomorrow :)

I think I nearly died laughing when that happened.

It was such a dark show - full of mystery, intrigue, and then this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWfS0PH5Pg

Anyway, eventually Cigarette Smoking Man met his demise - so we're good to go...

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator