Nobody is Picking the Bills...

thebandit27

I've clicked around the various sports sites in the last 2 days (ESPN, SI.com, NFL.com, etc.), and I'm not sure if I'm surprised by it or not, but I haven't seen one single person predict that the Bills are going to win on Sunday.

Now, I'm sure it's happened somewhere, and I'm sure someone will point it out to me, but I find it curious that not one major media member has the cojones to put it out there in writing.

That said, I'm actually happy about this. You see, I've seen a lot of national pub for the Bills in the last week from people like Pat Kirwan, Don Banks, Peter King, etc., about how this team is really turning it around. But then, in the very next sentence, these same writers turn around and pick the Bills to lose.

Good.

You know what? This is exactly what I want. I feel like many on this board are nervous about Sunday, thinking that whether we win or lose will validate/condemn this team. I just don't see it that way.

Last week, during the replay review before the 4th-and-1 TD pass that proved to be the game winner, I turned around to see a young (13-14 year old) fan behind me, who looked so nervous I thought he was going to vomit. I patted the kid on the shoulder and told him this:

Hey kid...it's going to be alright. What's the worst that could happen? We lose? To heck with that; I'm not worried about it at all. We've been through that; many, many times over in fact. You know what happens if we lose? We go home, sulk for one night, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and come back next week and scream our heads off. Done it before, we'll do it again. I'm not worried about "What happens if we lose?"; I'm worried about "What happens if we WIN?"

That's how I feel right now, and I'd urge you all to try to approach this game the same way. We've got absolutely nothing to lose. Think about it...if we lose, is Sunday going to be any different than the last 15 games we lost? No, we'll come back next week and try again.

Now ask yourself this: what happens if we win?

Go Bills.

I've clicked around the various sports sites in the last 2 days (ESPN, SI.com, NFL.com, etc.), and I'm not sure if I'm surprised by it or not, but I haven't seen one single person predict that the Bills are going to win on Sunday.

Now, I'm sure it's happened somewhere, and I'm sure someone will point it out to me, but I find it curious that not one major media member has the cojones to put it out there in writing.

That said, I'm actually happy about this. You see, I've seen a lot of national pub for the Bills in the last week from people like Pat Kirwan, Don Banks, Peter King, etc., about how this team is really turning it around. But then, in the very next sentence, these same writers turn around and pick the Bills to lose.

Good.

You know what? This is exactly what I want. I feel like many on this board are nervous about Sunday, thinking that whether we win or lose will validate/condemn this team. I just don't see it that way.

Last week, during the replay review before the 4th-and-1 TD pass that proved to be the game winner, I turned around to see a young (13-14 year old) fan behind me, who looked so nervous I thought he was going to vomit. I patted the kid on the shoulder and told him this:

Hey kid...it's going to be alright. What's the worst that could happen? We lose? To heck with that; I'm not worried about it at all. We've been through that; many, many times over in fact. You know what happens if we lose? We go home, sulk for one night, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and come back next week and scream our heads off. Done it before, we'll do it again. I'm not worried about "What happens if we lose?"; I'm worried about "What happens if we WIN?"

That's how I feel right now, and I'd urge you all to try to approach this game the same way. We've got absolutely nothing to lose. Think about it...if we lose, is Sunday going to be any different than the last 15 games we lost? No, we'll come back next week and try again.

Now ask yourself this: what happens if we win?

Go Bills.

Mr. Bandito, if we win we're really going to have reevaluate our goals for this season. If we take this game on Sunday and move to 3-0, we may actually have to entertain the notion of competing for the division, as opposed to hoping to get back to mediocrity following last year's debacle.

Also, "The Living Legend" Sterling Sharpe picked us to win this week on NFL Network. So clearly he is a sound football mind and the so called "experts" you have heard are MAROONS!

The rest of the NFL wants the Bills to win this game. Thing is NOT to get so wrapped up in it being the entire season. If we win it'll be huge, BUT we still have to play another 13 games. If we lose SO WHAT? We still have 13 games to play. At some point we HAVE to beat the Pats, but who knows if we're ready as a team to do so now. Do we have the talent? I think we have enough to win, but we still need to fill holes and add depth to truly be and stay a contender in the Division. Champions know how to win AND how to react to wins and losses. Even if we don't win, the team needs to regroup and be ready for those next 13.

12th man will be huge Sunday!!

The rest of the NFL wants the Bills to win this game. Thing is NOT to get so wrapped up in it being the entire season. If we win it'll be huge, BUT we still have to play another 13 games. If we lose SO WHAT? We still have 13 games to play. At some point we HAVE to beat the Pats, but who knows if we're ready as a team to do so now. Do we have the talent? I think we have enough to win, but we still need to fill holes and add depth to truly be and stay a contender in the Division. Champions know how to win AND how to react to wins and losses. Even if we don't win, the team needs to regroup and be ready for those next 13.

12th man will be huge Sunday!!

Couldn't agree more. Yes, it's the Pats and we owe them, but it's only one game. I believe that no matter what happens, this Bills team is just so much better than the ones in recent years. They will continue to be competitive and will win their fair share of games this year. Not to mention the fact that they are so much more entertaining to watch than during the Juron years.

We can still go to the Superbowl and lose to the Patriots twice this season. Not that I'm predicting such a thing, but yeah.. technically, its just another game.

I think psychologically, though, its the biggest game we've had in years. The only way we are going to be respected is if we beat the Patriots, and to a lesser extent the Jets.