So I watched "A Football Life"

D521646

Ok, anyone notice that seemingly every commentator is calling Bilichick a brilliant football mind? Well, I watched the whole 2 part series, and can someone point out to me where exactly wew were witnessing this mind? I'm no hater, and I give Bilichick all the props for having signed Tom Brady, (Heck even his brilliant mind didn't know what he had when he had him), but seriously, without the competitior that Brady is/was having that massive 300 pound chip on his shoulder, the NE Patriots of the milenium are an average team at best. So my question, and I mean this in all honesty is, Is Bill Belichick really that brilliant, or is he more lucky than good?

Tim-

Didn't he keep 4 qbs so as not to cut Brady his rookie year, then make him primary backup year 2? Sounds like he had sooooome faith in the kid.

The thing I get from Brady, especially the young gun Brady was that he was exceptionally coachable; a sponge. He has a medium intellect, but a good football understanding of defenses, and protections. Manning is the same, of course, and all the great QB's in history had this going for them. Brady, along with these skillz, also happens to have a strong arm, and above average accuracy. All together it makes for a potent weapon in the most important spot on the football team. I'll give him that, as much as I dislike him, I'm not egocentric enough to not admit that if he were our QB, I'd be all gooey eye'd.. That said, Fitz also has some of these traits, but needs work on his accuracy, and strength. He has shown me that he can read defenses, assign the correct protections, and he has relationship rapport with his receivers. Took Fitzy 6 years in the league to get here, but he's arrived, and showing his colors. I'm happy with our general going into Sunday's game.

Tim-

Ok, anyone notice that seemingly every commentator is calling Bilichick a brilliant football mind? Well, I watched the whole 2 part series, and can someone point out to me where exactly wew were witnessing this mind? I'm no hater, and I give Bilichick all the props for having signed Tom Brady, (Heck even his brilliant mind didn't know what he had when he had him), but seriously, without the competitior that Brady is/was having that massive 300 pound chip on his shoulder, the NE Patriots of the milenium are an average team at best. So my question, and I mean this in all honesty is, Is Bill Belichick really that brilliant, or is he more lucky than good?

Tim-

I watched parts of it, and I realize it was just a superficial look, but all I took away from it was an impression of Bellicheat just being a mumbly grumbly dork with the personality of a doorknob.