Kirk Morrison - Did he play against the Raiders

Momma Pecoraro

He's a backup...He's not supposed to play that much...Barnett is way better than Morrison, Andre Davis is better than Morrison...Morrison is their backup, hence he won't play much barring injury.

He was basically picked up to replace Torbor as the primary backup...who was absolutely awful even before he got hurt.

Why are guys bitching over what was a better "swap"? Barnett is far better than both Poz or Morrison. The Bills had no intention of picking up Morrison until Torbor proved just how bad he really was (and then got injured). He was picked up to be a backup. Poz has looked like the slow, late, LB we saw here in Buffalo. He has been torched on the Jags so far.

Our middle LB moves were very solid...Oh yeah, we are paying way less for Barnett and Morrison combined, than the Jags are paying for Poz...Jags got the shaft, end of story...

Wasn't the expectation that Davis becomes the man out after Sheppard or Morrison got up to speed toward mid-season.

Do you need a car?

Wasn't the expectation that Davis becomes the man out after Sheppard or Morrison got up to speed toward mid-season.

Do you need a car?

Some apparently have that expectation. Just because a guy was signed, doesn't mean they want to replace a starter though. We needed depth...I never got any sense from the organization that they wanted him to replace Davis. I also think Davis is flat out better than Morrison (who was reportedly awful for the Jags last year). Sheppard is a guy they are looking at going forward, but he missed almost the entire preseason and will probably have to wait until next year to prove himself.

Andra Davis has been a starter for a very long time, and a good one at that. He has been great for us so far this year, starting with the pre-season.

Do I need a car?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• 4 weeks later...

Was Kirk Morrison active and did he even sniff the field against the G'ints? Davis is a paper weight out there.

Morrison is 3rd on the depth chart behind Davis and Sheppard...He is not going to play unless there is an injury.

Davis is our strongest (and slowest) LB, but he has been fine, our best run stuffer. Sheppard has been rotating in, and I am assuming he will get more and more time as he gets comfortable.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I am still confused by these kinds of posts...Morrison was brought in as a backup to replace Torbor when he got hurt...why do you want to see the BACKUPS play?

Barnett has been very good, Davis and our touted rookie Sheppard have been manning the other spot...The 3 of them are better than Morrison, which is why is not playing...

I liked the pickup of Morrison, great depth, but he was awful on Jacksonville last year...If he plays, that means someone got hurt...

I'm not qualified to diagnose your confusion, but recommend a herbal suppository which has often worked for me.

Outside of Barnett, the delta between starter and backup on the Bills is minimal. Andra Davis is molasses. Morrison is faster and was a very productive starter. The issue with Morrison was that he came in late and didn't have full grasp of the scheme.

Unless the Bills are going purely with a youth movement with Sheppard, I can't see how inserting a veteran in the rotation can hurt.

Edited by Momma Pecoraro

I'm not qualified to diagnose your confusion, but recommend a herbal suppository which has often worked for me.

Outside of Barnett, the delta between starter and backup on the Bills is minimal. Andra Davis is molasses. Morrison is faster and was a very productive starter. The issue with Morrison was that he came in late and didn't have full grasp of the scheme.

Unless the Bills are going purely with a youth movement with Sheppard, I can't see how inserting a veteran in the rotation can hurt.

Relax, no one is making you take the Morrison poster down from your ceiling, or return his jersey. Read the depth chart, I am not making it up.

Davis is the starter, Sheppard is the "backup" but appears poised to take over the starting role sometime this season. Barnett is a starter and there is no challenge there.

There is a reason why Morrison was dropped in favor of POZ, and why no other team picked him up. The Bills got him on the cheap, as a backup when Torbor got hurt. I loved the pickup for depth (he's definitely better than Torbor), but that is all he is.

My concerns with the D right now are actually the OUTSIDE LB's. We are getting NO pass rush, and that's the major reason our secondary is getting eaten alive.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Relax, no one is making you take the Morrison poster down from your ceiling, or return his jersey. Read the depth chart, I am not making it up.

Davis is the starter, Sheppard is the "backup" but appears poised to take over the starting role sometime this season. Barnett is a starter and there is no challenge there.

There is a reason why Morrison was dropped in favor of POZ, and why no other team picked him up. The Bills got him on the cheap, as a backup when Torbor got hurt. I loved the pickup for depth (he's definitely better than Torbor), but that is all he is.

Rainman, repeating the same depth chart smack adds nothing to the dialogue. Nor does repeating that a player was unwanted somewhere else add any depth to the discussion. The Bills are littered with players that were not wanted on other teams. Players are recycled all the time. Morrison is not offal like Torbor. Mind you, I'm not a Morrison groupie, just someone who saw him play effectively in Oakland.

Your 'insight' is based on publicly accessible sources and is redundant. And while I am delighted you 'loved' the pickup - it doesn't get to the root of why a veteran on a team with a horrific defense can't sniff the field, since Sheppard is not full time yet.

Candidly, I'd much rather have a poster of Turbo in his leopard 'g.

Rainman, repeating the same depth chart smack adds nothing to the dialogue. Nor does repeating that a player was unwanted somewhere else add any depth to the discussion. The Bills are littered with players that were not wanted on other teams. Players are recycled all the time. Morrison is not offal like Torbor. Mind you, I'm not a Morrison groupie, just someone who saw him play effectively in Oakland.

Your 'insight' is based on publicly accessible sources and is redundant. And while I am delighted you 'loved' the pickup - it doesn't get to the root of why a veteran on a team with a horrific defense can't sniff the field, since Sheppard is not full time yet.

Candidly, I'd much rather have a poster of Turbo in his leopard 'g.

My apologies for not presenting you an answer that makes you feel all warm and bubbly inside. You have been asking why Morrison has not been playing, I am simply offering the facts of real life. And yes, as I said, I loved the Morrison pick up for depth.

I will agree with you that our D has been troublesome this year so far, but you are focusing on the wrong part of the D. Our middle linebackers have been down right good. No team so far this year has been able to run up the middle on us (thanks in large part to Davis), only the leagues leading rusher has had any real success (yes Bradshaw did ok as well). It has been the inability of our D to produce any pass rush that has been the real issue (In general not a responsibility of the MLB's).

Replacing good MLB's with mediocre ones will NOT make our D better against the pass, but it could make us worse against the run...Obviously the Bills coaching staff agrees...

And as great as I look in a leapord g, I will have to disappoint you. Those are private...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

My apologies for not presenting you an answer that makes you feel all warm and bubbly inside. You have been asking why Morrison has not been playing, I am simply offering the facts of real life. And yes, as I said, I loved the Morrison pick up for depth.

I will agree with you that our D has been troublesome this year so far, but you are focusing on the wrong part of the D. Our middle linebackers have been down right good. No team so far this year has been able to run up the middle on us (thanks in large part to Davis), only the leagues leading rusher has had any real success (yes Bradshaw did ok as well). It has been the inability of our D to produce any pass rush that has been the real issue (In general not a responsibility of the MLB's).

Replacing good MLB's with mediocre ones will NOT make our D better against the pass, but it could make us worse against the run...Obviously the Bills coaching staff agrees...

And as great as I look in a leapord g, I will have to disappoint you. Those are private...

You have not presented anything at all, factual or otherwise save for that Morrison is not playing. If you are convinced that decisions made by the Bills defensive staff are sacrosanct, I will be happy to administer your suppository myself.

The Bills have one 'good' linebacker in Barnett and one that is developing in Sheppard. Davis is dreck; which is way beyond mediocre and only has a job in Buffalo.

If the middle of the defense is stout it is rightfully because of Dareus and Williams. Still, Bradshaw and Benson both pounded on the Bills and Bills have serious defensive problems which make it clear that physical teams that stick with the run will have success.

Morrison is an experienced, relatively young veteran who is an unknown quantity on this team who should get reps in the rotation to see what he can do.

Turbs, I'd love to continue our discussion via pm. I find dyspraxic people with OCD sexy.

You have not presented anything at all, factual or otherwise save for that Morrison is not playing. If you are convinced that decisions made by the Bills defensive staff are sacrosanct, I will be happy to administer your suppository myself.

The Bills have one 'good' linebacker in Barnett and one that is developing in Sheppard. Davis is dreck; which is way beyond mediocre and only has a job in Buffalo.

If the middle of the defense is stout it is rightfully because of Dareus and Williams. Still, Bradshaw and Benson both pounded on the Bills and Bills have serious defensive problems which make it clear that physical teams that stick with the run will have success.

Morrison is an experienced, relatively young veteran who is an unknown quantity on this team who should get reps in the rotation to see what he can do.

Turbs, I'd love to continue our discussion via pm. I find dyspraxic people with OCD sexy.

Umm, yeah. It is a fact that Morrsion isn't playing, it is a fact that he is behind Barnett, Davis, and Sheppard on the depth chart. It is a fact that he is a backup. It is a fact that no other team picked up up Morrison, and that the Bills got him cheap at the last moment when Torbor got hurt. It is a fact the Jags let Morrison go and replaced him with Poz, who the Bills let go....Other than that you are right, I haven't mentioned any facts.

Your pro scouting experience aside, I support the coaches starting Davis/Sheppard. You obviously are welcome to your opinion. Of course I have not seen one other person on any football website, forum, or tv show suggesting Morrison should be playing...so you are on your own.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

<br />My apologies for not presenting you an answer that makes you feel all warm and bubbly inside. You have been asking why Morrison has not been playing, I am simply offering the facts of real life. And yes, as I said, I loved the Morrison pick up for depth.<br /><br />I will agree with you that our D has been troublesome this year so far, but you are focusing on the wrong part of the D. Our middle linebackers have been down right good. No team so far this year has been able to run up the middle on us (thanks in large part to Davis), only the leagues leading rusher has had any real success (yes Bradshaw did ok as well). It has been the inability of our D to produce any pass rush that has been the real issue (In general not a responsibility of the MLB's).<br /><br />Replacing good MLB's with mediocre ones will NOT make our D better against the pass, but it could make us worse against the run...Obviously the Bills coaching staff agrees...<br /><br />And as great as I look in a leapord g, I will have to disappoint you. Those are private...<br />
. Benson and bradshaw ran for 100. Vick and McCoy combined for over 150. I'm happy with our run d for the most part. Thank Dareus for that. Batten and moats at this point are both specialty players whom aren't very good at what they specialize in. Both suck vs the run. I think moats has better upside overall. Batten just doesn't play strong out there. Maybe that's just how i see it, but I don't think he'll ever be a complete player. Completely 1 dimensional, and like I said before, his 1 dimension isn't very good.

. Benson and bradshaw ran for 100. Vick and McCoy combined for over 150. I'm happy with our run d for the most part. Thank Dareus for that. Batten and moats at this point are both specialty players whom aren't very good at what they specialize in. Both suck vs the run. I think moats has better upside overall. Batten just doesn't play strong out there. Maybe that's just how i see it, but I don't think he'll ever be a complete player. Completely 1 dimensional, and like I said before, his 1 dimension isn't very good.

Yeah, I can agree with all that. I actually thought the Bills did a pretty good job on McCoy, who has been mostly unstoppable this season. Vick is a 1 of a kind threat that we don't have to worry about again.

Unfortunately with Merriman looking to be riddled with injuries again, and Kelsay out...we really don't have any other options at OLB. They have been playing Carrington and Spencer Johnson there, but that is more situational and neither has done much.

Edited by Turbosrrgood