Nelson in the Slot

Astrobot

Actually, it's hard to imagine that any team is going to offer him any sizable contract. I'm sure that Gailey is very frustrated with him, but he loves the guy. I also don't see any reason why we wouldn't sign him to a one year deal for veteran minimum with some decent incentives based on playing 14-16 games. Unless we find ourselves with five WRs who are all very good.

Parrish has proven that he can't stay healthy. That makes him unreliable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parrish has proven that he can't stay healthy. That makes him unreliable.

I totally understand. But no teams #5 or #6 WR is remotely reliable, whether he plays 16 games or not. And that is what I'm talking about. If he's healthy and produces, it's a bonus. If he doesn't, you're not wasting any money and probably not wasting any roster spot or someone's playing time.

It's not like I think they would be dumb not to do it. I think it would be a shrewd move (only because like Gailey does, I think he can be a valuable cog player).

I totally understand. But no teams #5 or #6 WR is remotely reliable, whether he plays 16 games or not. And that is what I'm talking about. If he's healthy and produces, it's a bonus. If he doesn't, you're not wasting any money and probably not wasting any roster spot or someone's playing time.

It's not like I think they would be dumb not to do it. I think it would be a shrewd move (only because like Gailey does, I think he can be a valuable cog player).

I'm A-OK with him being someone else's 5th Receiver/ Punt returner.

As long as it's not the Pats. That would kill if he took over the Welker role and stayed healthy.

Isn't it fair to suggest that Tebow's strength as a QB doesn't match Nelson's strength as a WR? I didn't see Tebow threading the needle into tight spaces while at Florida; it was more like heaving the ball to wide open targets. Nelson's not a burner; he works the coverage and can use his size as leverage.

It's not Tebow "hate" to mention what pretty much everyone else already knows; he's extremely rough as a passer.

I get that but at Florida Nelson Murphy and everyone of their other recievers got it in......Nelson a stud hands down...5-10 catches a game for rest of season makes me happy....

how about this stat....

Sam Bradford Vs. Tim Tebow as college starters.....

yards per attempt:

Bradford (2 years and 2 games as a starter) 9.41 yds/attempt

Tebow (3 years as a starter) 9.38 yds/attempt

"when he was better than Brady" = i can't comment without being a dick

As i recall, he got himself in Urban's doghouse for having a case of the dropsies, but my recollection is that Nelson always came up big in big games....and that his down-field blocking was excellent.

Give it up. He is and will always be a 2nd NFL qb if not 3rd. I live in fl and watched most of his games and saw the talent but the NFL is a differeny Game

Nix was an SEC scout mainly and had seen the kid play a few times I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Turns out Chan hit it out of the park.

In the Nelson piece, Nelson said he came to Buffalo after having a few priority UDFA offers because of the conversations he had with Chan.

Edited by Why So Serious?