Uh Oh. Boise St - 3 Yr Probation

Cynical

http://espn.go.com/c...rship-reduction

Boise State had already self-imposed the probationary period in the wake of violations involving more than 75 prospects and student-athletes across five different sports. The NCAA added six scholarship reductions in football to the three the school had already taken away and cited the school for "lack of institutional control."

Football coach Chris Petersen said he, too, thought the school had done enough to show NCAA officials it had addressed the problems.

:lol:

Welcome to the "show", Boise St. You may soon regret ever leaving Div 2.

Edited by Cynical

http://espn.go.com/c...rship-reduction

:lol:

Welcome to the "show", Boise St. You may soon regret ever leaving Div 2.

I highly doubt that. Let me ask you a question, how many of the big boys does Boise State have to knock off until you SEC guys give them credit & admit that they got one of the best programs in the country up there?

Have to agree w/ Gordio. The Broncs have to come cross the country and play in hostile environments (last year @ Blacksburg; this year in a "neutral" site vs Georgia.....the GEORGIA DOME) in order to get anyone to schedule 'em. I guess what we'd love to see is a team like Alabama go to the blue turf and kick Boise back to Division II. I'm sure it's set to happen soon.

I highly doubt that. Let me ask you a question, how many of the big boys does Boise State have to knock off until you SEC guys give them credit & admit that they got one of the best programs in the country up there?

Have to agree w/ Gordio. The Broncs have to come cross the country and play in hostile environments (last year @ Blacksburg; this year in a "neutral" site vs Georgia.....the GEORGIA DOME) in order to get anyone to schedule 'em. I guess what we'd love to see is a team like Alabama go to the blue turf and kick Boise back to Division II. I'm sure it's set to happen soon.

Waaaahh for Boise. They need to keep going on the road and winning for years, not just once or twice. FSU did this in the 80s, with their anyone, anywhere motto.

Boise gets no love because they don't play a tough schedule week in and week out. Any team can get fired up for 1 or 2 games per season, which is all they have to do. Then they go back to playing teams like UNLV and Wyoming for the remaining 10-11 games. At no point in their schedule do they need to run a gauntlet of 3-4 tough, gut-it-out type of games. That is a true test of a team.

They also need to get rid of the blue field. That was a cute gimmick, but if they want to be taken seriously, get s real field. If they wanted to be treated like a big boy, then they need to act like one.

First of all, the second quote and my comments after it were more of a jab at the NCAA, and how they enforce the rules.

Secondly, as Boise St is beginning to find out, appeasing the NCAA at this level will have the school doing more of this :wallbash:, than this :D.

And I have to agree with Ramius. Boise States "boo hoo. nobody wants to play us" rhetoric is a smokescreen.

Other schools are interested in playing Boise State, they are not interested in paying what Boise State demands.

Nebraska spent a year trying to schedule something with BSU and got no where.

In fact, I started a topic about it in this very forum back in October:

My link

As for teams going to Boise, good luck with that. Bronco Stadium only holds 33.5k, that alone will discourage a lot schools.

And I have to agree with Ramius. Boise States "boo hoo. nobody wants to play us" rhetoric is a smokescreen.

Other schools are interested in playing Boise State, they are not interested in paying what Boise State demands.

Nebraska spent a year trying to schedule something with BSU and got no where.

In fact, I started a topic about it in this very forum back in October:

My link

As for teams going to Boise, good luck with that. Bronco Stadium only holds 33.5k, that alone will discourage a lot schools.

Although I do agree that Boise does not have to deal with a 3-4 game gauntlet like some SEC schools have to do, how many schools when you really look at have to run 3-4 games of extremely tough competition. In the ACC or the Big East top 10 teams such as Florida State do not have to do it. As far as your Nebraska story, my guess is the conversation went something like this. Nebraska probably told them we will play you in Lincoln the first year & then play you on a neutral site the 2nd year & play you back in Lincoln the 3rd year.

One thing you guys should really start wrapping your minds around. Boise St imo probably has 30/40% chance right now of playing in the NC. They have a fairly tough game against Toledo Friday, but I honestly can not see any team on their schedule beating them. One interesting thing. Originally Boise was supposed to play TCU down in Fort Worth but once TCU decided to leave for the Big East Boise urged the commisioner to schedule the game in Boise & out of spite I imagine they agreed. I found that interesting.

Waaaahh for Boise. They need to keep going on the road and winning for years, not just once or twice. FSU did this in the 80s, with their anyone, anywhere motto.

Boise gets no love because they don't play a tough schedule week in and week out. Any team can get fired up for 1 or 2 games per season, which is all they have to do. Then they go back to playing teams like UNLV and Wyoming for the remaining 10-11 games. At no point in their schedule do they need to run a gauntlet of 3-4 tough, gut-it-out type of games. That is a true test of a team.

They also need to get rid of the blue field. That was a cute gimmick, but if they want to be taken seriously, get s real field. If they wanted to be treated like a big boy, then they need to act like one.

Let me ask you guys something. Put on a neutral field do you think Boise St beats FSU/Alabama this year. I think Boise is giving FSU 3 points & they beat them. Alabama, I would guess would be about 6-7 point favorite & I think Boise beats them too. I will take Kellen Moore/Cris Peterson combo in a big game anyday. Hopefully we get to find out in the NC.

Although I do agree that Boise does not have to deal with a 3-4 game gauntlet like some SEC schools have to do, how many schools when you really look at have to run 3-4 games of extremely tough competition. In the ACC or the Big East top 10 teams such as Florida State do not have to do it. As far as your Nebraska story, my guess is the conversation went something like this. Nebraska probably told them we will play you in Lincoln the first year & then play you on a neutral site the 2nd year & play you back in Lincoln the 3rd year.

Go back and re-read the article first, and then the rest of the thread.

The article clearly states Nebraska was willing to do a home-home series.

That meant the Cornhuskers were willing to travel to Boise St and play the Broncos on the blue turf. I'm sure Boise St had no problem with that.

Oh, that also meant the Broncos had to travel to Lincoln to play a game? Well, that's gonna cost the Cornhuskers ONE MILLION DOLLARS ($1,000,000).

In the thread, I listed some examples of payouts.

Ole Miss is coughing up $900k to play Boise St in Atlanta (looks like Boise St was serious about that monetary demand)

None of the other examples were close to that kind of money.

No school is going to pay another school a million dollars to play against them unless their back is against the wall and they have no choice (reference Alabama vs Kent State).

One thing you guys should really start wrapping your minds around. Boise St imo probably has 30/40% chance right now of playing in the NC.

Boise St probably had a better chance last year. Well until they lost to that "football powerhouse" called Nevada.

Good thing they play the games. If Boise St loses to a team they are supposed to beat, they can kiss that BCS NC good bye.

Side note: Boise St has 25 seniors, 18 of them are 5th years. IMHO, this will be the Broncos last great shot at a NC (at least for a while).

Let me ask you guys something. Put on a neutral field do you think Boise St beats FSU/Alabama this year. I think Boise is giving FSU 3 points & they beat them. Alabama, I would guess would be about 6-7 point favorite & I think Boise beats them too. I will take Kellen Moore/Cris Peterson combo in a big game anyday. Hopefully we get to find out in the NC.

IMHO, Bama would do the same thing to Boise St it did to Texas a couple of years ago: pound the hell out of them and grind them into the ground.

And Bama has this HC by the name of Nick Saban. I hear he's pretty good.

Go back and re-read the article first, and then the rest of the thread.

The article clearly states Nebraska was willing to do a home-home series.

That meant the Cornhuskers were willing to travel to Boise St and play the Broncos on the blue turf. I'm sure Boise St had no problem with that.

Oh, that also meant the Broncos had to travel to Lincoln to play a game? Well, that's gonna cost the Cornhuskers ONE MILLION DOLLARS ($1,000,000).

In the thread, I listed some examples of payouts.

Ole Miss is coughing up $900k to play Boise St in Atlanta (looks like Boise St was serious about that monetary demand)

None of the other examples were close to that kind of money.

No school is going to pay another school a million dollars to play against them unless their back is against the wall and they have no choice (reference Alabama vs Kent State).

Boise St probably had a better chance last year. Well until they lost to that "football powerhouse" called Nevada.

Good thing they play the games. If Boise St loses to a team they are supposed to beat, they can kiss that BCS NC good bye.

Side note: Boise St has 25 seniors, 18 of them are 5th years. IMHO, this will be the Broncos last great shot at a NC (at least for a while).

IMHO, Bama would do the same thing to Boise St it did to Texas a couple of years ago: pound the hell out of them and grind them into the ground.

And Bama has this HC by the name of Nick Saban. I hear he's pretty good.

Wow, well then Boise is getting a little too big for themselves. If I was Boise I would schedule 2-3 big time out of conference games per year knowing if they win that will keep me in the BCS discussions all the way thru. Nevada had a top 20 team last year so that wasn't a loss to be ashamed of especially in Reno & especially since the FG kicker cost them the game. Next year will be a true test for Boise. My guess is they will take a step back.

Something about the Alabama team I do not like. Oh yeah it is the QB situation. Everything else looks pretty good. I heard of Saban before, I also hear he is pretty good.

I have a better question. How many BCS bowl game and NC discussions does Boise have to be in before everyone stops crying about them not getting enough attention?

Seriously, I don't get this anymore. Every single year I have to hear about little respect they get and how the big boys won't let them in the club. Every single big game I watch on TV involves hours of commentator discussion about how Boise shouldn't be ignored anymore. Ignored by who?? They are rated high; they are in the discussion; they have the opportunity to be on the biggest stage.

As has been discussed in this thread, they simply don't have the schedule to merit a NC game over more deserving teams. Whether that's their fault or not, it's a fact. Until they do, they won't get that opportunity, but for crying out loud THEY HAVE THE RESPECT. Everyone knows about them. Everyone gives them credit. When will this crap end??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.