Pay Fred Jackson Mr Overdoff PLEASE ?

Bufcomments

Adrian Peterson is a dime a dozen player?  That's just a terrible post JR.  The guy is the most talented RB I've ever seen.  Ever.  His combination of size, speed, power, instincts and moves is among the best of all time.  I think that RB is an easy position to fill, and that many guys can have success if in the right offense.  But throwing AP in there as a dime a dozen player is crazy IMO.

I agree that AP is a special talent, so maybe you make an exception for once in a generation guys like that.

But, for argument's sake, do you really get that much more value out of him as you would say, second round pick, LeShean McCoy? Is it worth it to sign a guy like AP to a huge second contract when you can get a rookie or younger guy for a 1/4 of the price but maybe 70%-80% of his production?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Spiller gets more is because he was a #9 pick. It's not out of disrespect to Jackson. The Bills gave him a raise once and will likely give him another but don't compare what Spiller got. That was because of the draft.

PTR

Of course it's out of disrespect to Jackson. It was out of disrespect to Jackson that they drafted Spiller at 9.

That being said the last thing I'm worried about after week 2 of the season is Jackson's contract. Fitz's contract maybe, but not Jackson's.