Don't get too giddy over that win

PromoTheRobot

Jason Whitlock - item #4

The Bills aren't good. The opponent is bad.

PTR

Even if the opponent (in this case the Chiefs) are a bad team, we treated them like we were superior to them which is what good teams do. I am highly satisfied with the result on Sunday and I totally expected the media to spin the win to disrespect the Bills.

Edited by stevecana

Here is a reality check...

1. KC has a new OC and no off-season to install the new offense. Cassels 3rd in last 3 or 4 years by the way.

2. No Moeaki who was the #2 option and a key blocker too that they built into the offense a lot this year.

3. They were thin at WR as well.

4. They lost Berry in the first for the season which immediately opened up the middle of the field drastically which we (very intelligently) exploited.

5. KC played above their talent level last year, much like Chi when they went 13-3 under DJ and will struggle to win 7 games this year.

6. KC looked awful all preseason and in camp.

1. Buffalo has a new DC (George Edwards isn't it) and no off-season to install the new defense. Fitz also 4th QB in last 3 or 4 years by the way. Lost track of OCs.

2. No Evans who was regarded as the #1 receiver going into training camp. New TE had been cut twice by other teams.

3. Buffalo was also thin at WR with the loss of Evans and Marcus Easley.

4. Buffalo lost McGee in the first, possibly for the season, which immediately opened up passing opportunities which KC (very stupidly) failed to exploit.

5. You're right about this one, but the game was still in KC and it was still opening day, which is usually a huge lift for the home team.

6. Buffalo looked awful most of preseason and in camp.

And Whitlock is a KC guy.

Edited by BRH

1. Buffalo has a new DC (George Edwards isn't it) and no off-season to install the new defense. Fitz also 4th QB in last 3 or 4 years by the way. Lost track of OCs.

2. No Evans who was regarded as the #1 receiver going into training camp. New TE had been cut twice by other teams.

3. Buffalo was also thin at WR with the loss of Evans and Marcus Easley.

4. Buffalo lost McGee in the first, possibly for the season, which immediately opened up passing opportunities which KC (very stupidly) failed to exploit.

5. You're right about this one, but the game was still in KC and it was still opening day, which is usually a huge lift for the home team.

6. Buffalo looked awful most of preseason and in camp.

And Whitlock is a KC guy.

1. Edwards is clearly the DC and is making all the calls, and doing a very good job of it. I was ready to write him off last year, but maybe he, egads, just needed some talent. I'm sure Wanny helped quite a bit with the preparation but Edwards is the DC. Wanny is actually helping with the offense, too.

6. The Bills starters on defense looked great in the preseason. The starting offense, in the one game that counts, the third game, also looked great. The depth and back-ups looked horrific.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Did he even mention the Bills? Did he say, "hey, the Bills must suck because they only beat a team in total disarray?" No, he didn't. He made a completely accurate observation on the state of the Chiefs, which was readily apparent to anyone paying attention for the last month.

Did he even mention the Bills? Did he say, "hey, the Bills must suck because they only beat a team in total disarray?" No, he didn't. He made a completely accurate observation on the state of the Chiefs, which was readily apparent to anyone paying attention for the last month.

Correct.

Whether you think he's a moron or not, I like the way he tells it like it is.

He tells it the way he sees it maybe, that's not necessarily the way it is. I don't agree with his statement that the Chiefs have the worst O Line in the NFL.

Here is a reality check...

1. KC has a new OC and no off-season to install the new offense. Cassels 3rd in last 3 or 4 years by the way.

2. No Moeaki who was the #2 option and a key blocker too that they built into the offense a lot this year.

3. They were thin at WR as well.

4. They lost Berry in the first for the season which immediately opened up the middle of the field drastically which we (very intelligently) exploited.

5. KC played above their talent level last year, much like Chi when they went 13-3 under DJ and will struggle to win 7 games this year.

6. KC looked awful all preseason and in camp.

Thats the truth about KC. It does NOT mean this win meant nothing. KC is a tough place to play, and they are a tough opponent at home always. This was a great win for the Bills and we looked good on both sides of the ball. It also does not mean we are suddenly playoff bound and a contender. Its just week 1 and there is a lot of football to play still.

Its a great win for us and so much fun to watch, but lets win some games in a row, beat some better teams (more importantly win some divisional games), and show some consistency first before we start talking playoffs or pointing fingers at everyone.

I've been instructed that this is a loser mentality. I agree with the whole post though.