My .02

Giaimo25

What a great feeling after a great win. There were a few things today that I picked up on that I haven't seen talked about. If it was then delete this.

1. Fundamentals.

This really stood out to me. ESPECIALLY open field tackling. There were Alot of screen passes and short dump offs that were immediately tackled. It always seemed the last few years that this was not the case. This in my opinion was a HUGE accomplishment. Also, discipline. They played in arrowhead and I counted 1 false start on urbik and 1 offsides on dareus. That is a great accomplishment as well. Even with the chiefs crowd almost immediately silenced with the opening fumble.

2. TE play

I really hope this is just a glimpse of more to come. It was great to see a recieving TE again

3. Fred Jackson

Enough said. Great heart.

There is a few more but my wife is rushing me out the door for dinner. All in all great showing. Love seeing optimism around here again. Go bills...

1) Unheralded player of the day? Jairus Byrd. Great open field tackle in the first quarter - just nailed the ball carrier for a big loss to force a punt. Just a great tackle. But the biggest play of the game was Byrd's "whack" on Pope's hands on the apparent TD catch. Watch the replay. Pope had the ball, he had both feet in bounds, and that was 6 points. But Byrd had the presence of mind to bring his right hand from shoulder height into a full swing and slap Pope's hands as he was trying to cradle the ball. The result? Even though the feet were in bounds, the ball was moving. No touchdown. Byrd doesn't do that, and the Chiefs are right back in the game, and so is the Arrowhead Stadium crowd.

2) Freddo. Hey Fred, we need to move the chains. The chains get moved. The guy's nickname should be "Money".

3) Fitz. I hate the beard, but I'm not married to the guy, so maybe I should just let go. He's playing well within the limits of his environment. If your offensive line is less-than-optimal, what do you do? Spread the ball around so that your opponent doesn't get the chance to tee off on you. Sounds pretty simple, but Fitzpatrick seems to have good field vision. I'd be the last person to say that he has Losman's (or Manning's) arm, but who cares? You don't need a cannon if you're able to get that extra 0.8 seconds to deliver because the defense can't outguess where you're going to throw.

4) I hate the Cowgirls more than virtually anything imaginable. But if the Jets lose tonight, guess who will be on top of the AFC East standings tomorrow morning?

5) And MY wife is upstairs, while I enjoy a glass of wine in the man cave. Oh, Faith Hill has a new skin tight black leather outfit this year. My goal for Sunday Night Football this year is the same as last year's goal - go through the whole season with the sound on "Mute" when she's singing. All the eye candy, with none of the idiocy.

Couple thoughts-

Offense: Chan called one hell of a game.

For week one Fitz makes some good throws missed on a few others.

Fred was clutch tough runs, coverting for some first downs.

I thought Chandler had a real good chance to be dangerous near the goal line- turns out he could be dangerous all over the field.

Defense: We knew what the Chiefs were going to do

Waiting on the short dump off pass, tackled very well

Played with energy, played together

Special teams: setting the tone McIntyre forces opening kick fumble

Lindell keep adding to the score

Moorman couple bombs -

what's exciting is we can play a lot better yet.

What a great feeling after a great win. There were a few things today that I picked up on that I haven't seen talked about. If it was then delete this.

1. Fundamentals.

This stood out to me as the biggest improvement of the day. The Bills hit and tackled well, rarely giving the runner a second change. I do miss Donte Whitner's shoulder tackles though.

What a game. I'm still in shock.