9/11 Remembrance Thread for Bills Fans

EasternOHBillsFan

so i am hanging at my local watering hole drinking several(7) pliny the elders...the game ends and i am in a fantabulous mood...in walks a pipe and drum band to grab a bit of something to eat...i talk to one of the guys..he says they are there to grab a bite then head down to the firehouse for a memorial service...well they finish up and do an impromptu number or 2 outside the entrance(I grab another Pliny) and they play a couple numbers and start walking, as a group, down to the firehouse....well they stand there at the ready and malvern holds a 9/11 ceremony....so i shed a few more tears and listen to the speaches and the pipe band....once done, i stumble back to my apartment...and son of a B word...they really did win....

• 1 year later...

"I got out and gave the girl some money for the cab , she insisted on paying me back and made me give her my card ( amazing at a time like this the etiquette thing still remains in some people)."

Guff - Maybe a silly question, but... did she ever call you and pay you back? Just curious...

"I got out and gave the girl some money for the cab , she insisted on paying me back and made me give her my card ( amazing at a time like this the etiquette thing still remains in some people)."

Guff - Maybe a silly question, but... did she ever call you and pay you back? Just curious...

About a week later a card was sent to my office (I had given her my business card) and there was $27 and a note saying something like " Hope all is well, hope you made it home to you kids and wife ok". That was it never heard from her again, never even looked at the address.

About a week later a card was sent to my office (I had given her my business card) and there was $27 and a note saying something like " Hope all is well, hope you made it home to you kids and wife ok". That was it never heard from her again, never even looked at the address.

Wow, that's amazing (given everything going on at the time!) and awesome. Thanks.