Cassell allegedly has cracked ribs

CBD

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Cassell to play. But I also wouldn't doubt at all if we see numerous conflicting reports from various sources in and out of the Chiefs organization, so the Bills have to prepare for both guys. Even if they know right now he's likely not going to play, they will practice him and give him first team reps. I don't believe at all that he practiced fully, as Haley, said today, whether it turns out to be true or not. It's to their advantage to keep the Bills guessing.

I expect Cassell to play. But I also wouldn't doubt at all if we see numerous conflicting reports from various sources in and out of the Chiefs organization, so the Bills have to prepare for both guys. Even if they know right now he's likely not going to play, they will practice him and give him first team reps. I don't believe at all that he practiced fully, as Haley, said today, whether it turns out to be true or not. It's to their advantage to keep the Bills guessing.

I heard Haley with the press on NFL network and I didn't hear him say Cassel practiced "fully" - he was much more measured in his comments about what Cassel did in practice. Maybe you heard/saw something I didn't?

I heard Haley with the press on NFL network and I didn't hear him say Cassel practiced "fully" - he was much more measured in his comments about what Cassel did in practice. Maybe you heard/saw something I didn't?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel

Chiefs coach Todd Haley characterized Matt Cassel's (rib) participation in Monday's practice as "full," strongly indicating that the quarterback will start Week 1 against the Bills.

After practice, Cassell himself today said he's ready to go. It looks like he will start. Hopefully, Merriman, Kyle and Dareus crush him.

http://www.rotoworld...237/matt-cassel

After practice, Cassell himself today said he's ready to go. It looks like he will start. Hopefully, Merriman, Kyle and Dareus crush him.

Cassell can say anything he wants. I admire his determination but the first time Kyle, Marcel or Merriman puts their shoulder pads into his ribs he's going to cry like a little girl. Broken ribs hurt and he's going to be trying to protect that cracked rib. Dude's gonna be flinching as soon as anyone gets near him. It's the nature of the injury.