[closed]Lance Briggs demands trade

RocBillsfan

Veteran Linebacker Lance Briggs from the Chicago Bears has recently went to team management and asked for a trade out of Chicago. According to espn sources he wants a new contract, most likely he will not be granted one during the season as the article on espn.com said they are already thin at the postion. Would any of you like to make a run at him if your GM?. I would, but it would depend on compensation. Linebacker Lance Briggs has made a formal request that he be able to seek a trade from the Chicago Bears after the team would not give him a raise.

"The Bears were justified to ask Lance Briggs to honor his contract, and the linebacker doesn't have much leverage.

"The Bears made their decision, now I have to make mine," Briggs told the Chicago Tribune Thursday. "It's just how the business works. It's not going to take away from what I do on the field. I'm 100 percent a Bear, until I'm not a Bear anymore."

Agent Drew Rosenhaus sent an email to Bears contract negotiator Cliff Stein requesting the trade, the newspaper reported.

Briggs has three years remaining on the six-year, $36 million deal he signed in 2008. He is slated to earn $3.9 million this season, $4 million in 2012 and $6.5 million in 2013.

Briggs said he was willing to wait until after the season to request a trade if the Bears didn't budge, but after speaking to general manager Jerry Angelo Sunday, he decided to move now.

"I understand and respect their decision," Briggs said, according to the newspaper.

Briggs is a six-time Pro Bowler who has spent his entire career with the Bears after being selected in the third round of the 2003 draft".

Edited by RocBillsfan

Veteran Linebacker Lance Briggs from the Chicago Bears has recently went to team management and asked for a trade out of Chicago. According to espn sources he wants a new contract, most likely he will not be granted one during the season as the article on espn.com said they are already thin at the postion. Would any of you like to make a run at him if your GM?. I would, but it would depend on compensation. Linebacker Lance Briggs has made a formal request that he be able to seek a trade from the Chicago Bears after the team would not give him a raise.

"The Bears were justified to ask Lance Briggs to honor his contract, and the linebacker doesn't have much leverage.

"The Bears made their decision, now I have to make mine," Briggs told the Chicago Tribune Thursday. "It's just how the business works. It's not going to take away from what I do on the field. I'm 100 percent a Bear, until I'm not a Bear anymore."

Agent Drew Rosenhaus sent an email to Bears contract negotiator Cliff Stein requesting the trade, the newspaper reported.

Briggs has three years remaining on the six-year, $36 million deal he signed in 2008. He is slated to earn $3.9 million this season, $4 million in 2012 and $6.5 million in 2013.

Briggs said he was willing to wait until after the season to request a trade if the Bears didn't budge, but after speaking to general manager Jerry Angelo Sunday, he decided to move now.

"I understand and respect their decision," Briggs said, according to the newspaper.

Briggs is a six-time Pro Bowler who has spent his entire career with the Bears after being selected in the third round of the 2003 draft".

we are pretty well set at LB so I would say no at this point plus it would cost us too much and we need all the picks we can get.

Absolutely not. Significant money going forward will and should be spent on the OL.