N. M. State Police officer caught with his pants down

Beerball

If that was you or I we would be branded as sex offenders. watch how fast "one of their own" gets cleared and this swept under the rug.

You can be branded a sex offender for having sex? I don't get it.

I think the opposite is true - how often do you think people are nabbed having sex in an office or other place of work? Do those become a national story?

"I understand the public's uproar in regards to something like this," Garcia said.

Public uproar? Other than bored media idiots, who gives a sh-- if he was banging some chick on the hood of his car? The only relevant question here is, 'was she hot?'

Public uproar? Other than bored media idiots, who gives a sh-- if he was banging some chick on the hood of his car? The only relevant question here is, 'was she hot?'

Common KD, he was in full uniform! There's no uproar, you're right, but the guy literally !@#$ed up! (cause he was caught)

To answer your more important question...a search of other sources for this tidbit of news will reveal unblurred images that might help you decide the hotness factor. She was most certainly a willing participant!

Go get caught having sex in public by a cop and let me know how that works for ya

Did you read the article? Do you know what a "sex offender" is? The only crime that could have been committed is indecent exposure or lewd and lascivious behavior - both misdemeanors. A person branded a sex offender has been convicted of a sexually deviant crime. Having sex with an adult woman on the hood of a car is not a sexually deviant crime. Furthermore, it isn't even a crime because there was no one there to see it (except for a dog).

Now, the professionalism of an officer in uniform engaging in this kind of behavior...well, he will probably lose his job over this. So, your conspiracy theories about cops sweeping it under the rug are extreme and wrong. As another poster mentioned, this guy is gonna get more punishment that you or I would get BECAUSE he is a police officer. And, this is how it should be. We expect more of them.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

Did you read the article? Do you know what a "sex offender" is? The only crime that could have been committed is indecent exposure or lewd and lascivious behavior - both misdemeanors. A person branded a sex offender has been convicted of a sexually deviant crime. Having sex with an adult woman on the hood of a car is not a sexually deviant crime. Furthermore, it isn't even a crime because there was no one there to see it (except for a dog).

Now, the professionalism of an officer in uniform engaging in this kind of behavior...well, he will probably lose his job over this. So, your conspiracy theories about cops sweeping it under the wrong are extreme and wrong. As another poster mentioned, this guy is gonna get more punishment that you or I would get BECAUSE he is a police officer. And, this is how it should be. We expect more of them.

Exactly what I tried to say, but not as good as you.

Now, the professionalism of an officer in uniform engaging in this kind of behavior...well, he will probably lose his job over this. So, your conspiracy theories about cops sweeping it under the rug are extreme and wrong. As another poster mentioned, this guy is gonna get more punishment that you or I would get BECAUSE he is a police officer. And, this is how it should be. We expect more of them.

That's incorrect. People are put on the sex offender registry for urinating in public.

Can you provide anything to back this statement up? I know in Florida, this is not true.

New Hampshire:

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1876416971/Lawmakers-Public-urination-shouldnt-lead-to-sex-offender-status

Oklahoma:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-02-25-sex-offender-laws-cover_x.htm

Missouri:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=227852&catid=3

That's just a quick google search. Human Rights watch has it at around 32 states requiring registration for it.

Wow - that is messed up!!! I'm glad I read this thread.

Absolutely yes, in the US. In the past public urination was charged as indecent exposure. There was little thought to how that was worded until the sex offender registry became so broad that it included all who were convicted of this crime. Thousands of people register for public urination, mooning, streaking and many other acts that don't fit the image we have of a sex offender. Only a few US states have changed the laws to correct the public urination and sex offender registration issue. Some states had to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for the man power and costs of writing a new law that separated public urination from indecent exposure. Those that were already charged using the old law have to hire an attorney and go to court and request relief from the registry. Most offenders have trouble finding work so few have the financial means to hire an attorney and be removed. Keep in mind that only a few states have made these changes but others are beginning to see they have gone too far and that reform is required in order to make the registry a useful tool again. Currently with so many small crimes included law enforcement is stretched too thin to monitor the truly dangerous offenders. This increases the risk to children as the offenders that need to be monitored are treated the same as those who did little if anything wrong at all.

Currently, only 6 US states require a child to be present for it to be an offense. The others will charge you no matter what. A few states have taken steps to prevent this from happening but most have not.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_get_put_on_the_sex_offenders_registry_for_public_urination#ixzz1WpsJp7cj

Wow. I guess when it comes to common sense application of the law, our legislators are lacking. In my best Gomer Pyle voice: Surprise surprise!

thank you for doing the leg work for me.

The point I was trying to make is that it has gotten ridiclious now that if you or I get caught doing something like this it has the potential to brand you as an outcast sex offender and all the stigma that goes along with it.

Wow - that is messed up!!! I'm glad I read this thread.

Absolutely yes, in the US. In the past public urination was charged as indecent exposure. There was little thought to how that was worded until the sex offender registry became so broad that it included all who were convicted of this crime. Thousands of people register for public urination, mooning, streaking and many other acts that don't fit the image we have of a sex offender. Only a few US states have changed the laws to correct the public urination and sex offender registration issue. Some states had to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for the man power and costs of writing a new law that separated public urination from indecent exposure. Those that were already charged using the old law have to hire an attorney and go to court and request relief from the registry. Most offenders have trouble finding work so few have the financial means to hire an attorney and be removed. Keep in mind that only a few states have made these changes but others are beginning to see they have gone too far and that reform is required in order to make the registry a useful tool again. Currently with so many small crimes included law enforcement is stretched too thin to monitor the truly dangerous offenders. This increases the risk to children as the offenders that need to be monitored are treated the same as those who did little if anything wrong at all.

Currently, only 6 US states require a child to be present for it to be an offense. The others will charge you no matter what. A few states have taken steps to prevent this from happening but most have not.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_get_put_on_the_sex_offenders_registry_for_public_urination#ixzz1WpsJp7cj

thanks for the info

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

I know someone within the department. If anyone cares, here is a picture of the woman the officer was involved with.

Too obvious! Even I didn't fall for that one - probably for the first time!

thanks for the info

No problem. If I ever get busted for public urination once, like a golf course, I will just have to pee in my pants for the rest of time.

I wonder how many times the chief has viewed the video.

He might want to be careful. Somebody is likely watching him. :ph34r:

Wow. I guess when it comes to common sense application of the law, our legislators are lacking. In my best Gomer Pyle voice: Surprise surprise!

...and there lies the demise: common sense.

I know someone within the department. If anyone cares, here is a picture of the woman the officer was involved with.

Nope.

No problem. If I ever get busted for public urination once, like a golf course, I will just have to pee in my pants for the rest of time.

seriously. Have we all not been 'there' on the golf course?

Edited by BillsFanM.D.