OT

Smith is the 3rd QB BUT he is also a WR and a running back. I think you could carry Levi as the third string QB and have Smith be the 6th WR who can play QB and RB at times. Smith is going to be running the wildcat pretty frequently and is going to play some WR. That's a decent amount of action and he could get hurt a lot easier then a regular third string QB.

So they could keep Levi as the third string QB and Smith as a WR. The reason being that if Smith go hurt then it would just leave Fitz and Thigpen and they might not like being one injury away from only having 1 QB.

I don't think that Brown will make the team but he is worthy of consideration.

I think what Gailey's thought was that it would be a complete injustice for those young kids (alot who will never make it in te NFL) to fight back into last nights game and not let them have the oppurtunity to pull it out and win that game. I think that's why I love that we forced o.t. I think that was a big team building step last night.

Levi will very likely be put on the Practice Squad, and if he isn't, some other #3 QB will be as a developmental project. Gailey probably wanted to see him in action to see if he progressed at all, and to determine if he should be that guy.

Is Levi still PS eligible?

I was kinda thinking this. I don't think they are as comfortable with Smith throwing the ball as they thought they would be when they picked him up.

This. Also, frankly, I don't think Thigpen as looked as good in games as they thought he would from practice.

What team "interviews" a QB for the practice squad? Anyway, Brown is the PS QB.

Smith is not a backup QB (although as a #3, it doesn't matter waht they call him)--he doesn't look good throwing the ball.

Thigpen isn't nearly ready to step in for Fitz. He should play the entire last preseason game.

Perhaps they were trying to get him on film for other teams to see if they dont plan on keeping him. As much as I liked that they forced OT and the idea of winning what it really served was to get an extended look at finge guys....