What's Wrong With This Graph?

You work as hard as you need to. Most Americans work too hard because they buy houses that are too big or cars that are too expensive. Cigarettes cost ten dollars a pack and people still buy them. How much does the average American spend each year on beer..................?

............and their cell phone plan and their cable TV and assorted other luxuries that the "middle class" wouldn't have dreamed of wasting money on in past generations.

The fact that we live in an age where a guy can create Facebook in his dorm room and turn himself into a multi-billionaire within a couple of years (hence exacerbating the 'income inequality'), doesn't mean anyone in the middle class has less of anything.

When you run a business, you can give your peeps as much time off as you want! Deal?

I get 6 weeks, 5 standard and one purchased. That's pretty generous.

i run my own business, things are good but i see many of my clients struggling through no fault of their own. the biggest issue they face is federal stimulus money drying up and private companies not picking up the slack.

Housekeeping/procedural note.

If you want to be taken seriously, avoid linking to motherjones, huffingtonpost, prisonplanet, theblaze, hotair, msnbc, foxnews, etc

so the Congressional Budget Office data is wrong? Don't shoot the messenger.

............and their cell phone plan and their cable TV and assorted other luxuries that the "middle class" wouldn't have dreamed of wasting money on in past generations.

The fact that we live in an age where a guy can create Facebook in his dorm room and turn himself into a multi-billionaire within a couple of years (hence exacerbating the 'income inequality'), doesn't mean anyone in the middle class has less of anything.

ceo pay vs. average worker pay. the average workers at facebook all make well above the median income. facebook doesn't skew this graph as all of their workers make $90,000 or more and many are about to cash in big with 2012's IPO.

Edited by BiggieScooby

i run my own business, things are good but i see many of my clients struggling through no fault of their own. the biggest issue they face is federal stimulus money drying up and private companies not picking up the slack.

:rolleyes:

Hooking on Craigslist really doesn't count.