Kyle Williams Extended

Astrobot

Regarding Overdorf and Littman, I have been on a bandwagon for some time about how they have hurt the team. But as more evidence comes to light about Bills heirarchy assignments and decision-making, I have to challenge my own thinking.

I know what it's like when the big boss adds to your pile of work. You do it or else. So if you are a marketing guy and are told you are also going to serve as GM for awhile, you do it. If you are the numbers guy and you are told to slash the payroll you do it. And if you are a scout or college coach and you want to be a GM or head coach (again), you take the single job offer available, and agree to the strings attached (like having other guys overrule you or do part of your job). If you play along, you keep your job (unless a scapegoat is needed after a few years).

The scoreboard for Overdorf and Littman looks pretty good if you are Ralph Wilson. They are helping you do what you want done. If not, they would have been gone long ago. No one is going to blow the whistle on Ralph if they want to keep working in the NFL world. Maybe after a guy gets really old, he might come forward and say or write about the dysfunctional Bills organization. Then again, the oldest guys in the league sometimes get hired by the Bills. So how old is really old? Certainly not 80.

I guess we'll never hear the full story.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to think the thanks was for getting a probowler for 6.5m per, likely keeping him in buff til retirement. It was a good deal. Can hate him for every time we disagree with a choice but not acknowledge the good situations going on?

huh? my point was simply that it's sad we have to celebrate signing good players to extensions because it's so rare. you don't think that's a low bar to clear?

i'm glad that they extended williams. i guess i'm glad that it was at a decent price (since it wasn't my money). i'm glad that it was for several years. but isn't this the bare minimum we should expect?

i'll hold off on the cartwheels until this team actually starts winning. that doesn't make me a hater.

And you'd be the first in line to criticize them when they didn't make the "easy decision" and let him walk down the line. This organization has certainly earned its share of derision for over a decade now and deservedly so. But fair is fair and they should also be acknowledged for doing the right thing. Without making the right choices, "easy" or not, how do you effect change and foster a winning culture?? Don't worry, you'll get a chance to blast them again if Kyle doesn't play up to his contract. It's borderline comical that nothing - and I mean NOTHING - that this team ever does or tries to do makes you happy. I imagine you'd be a real joy at a youth soccer game. You truly are a miserable bastard.

Actually. I'm very happy with the Williams signing and the Dareus pick. Just don't think they deserved a celebratory thread.

You should relax and pay attention.

Actually. I'm very happy with the Williams signing and the Dareus pick. Just don't think they deserved a celebratory thread.

You should relax and pay attention.

i think he was also instrumental in getting rid of those hideous uniforms the bills have worn the past several years. give him props and be grateful, please.