I want another Lions QB

Simon

I don't know what kind of contract the Lions re-signed him to this offseason, but if the Bills are looker for a younger QB with good upside that Chan can work with the next 10 years, I'd really like to see them make a run at Drew Stanton. He's buried on the Lions depth chart so he shouldn't cost much in a trade and every time I've got a glimpse of him the last couple years, he's looked very in control of his offense. He's got a good toolbox and seems to be a good decision maker from what I've seen and he's probably never going to get a shot in Detroit since he was a pick from the previous regime and is behind wunderkind Matt Stafford.

I think the Bills would be very wise to explore the possibility of bringing him to Buffalo, even if it's not until after this season.

I don't know what kind of contract the Lions re-signed him to this offseason, but if the Bills are looker for a younger QB with good upside that Chan can work with the next 10 years, I'd really like to see them make a run at Drew Stanton. He's buried on the Lions depth chart so he shouldn't cost much in a trade and every time I've got a glimpse of him the last couple years, he's looked very in control of his offense. He's got a good toolbox and seems to be a good decision maker from what I've seen and he's probably never going to get a shot in Detroit since he was a pick from the previous regime and is behind wunderkind Matt Stafford.

I think the Bills would be very wise to explore the possibility of bringing him to Buffalo, even if it's not until after this season.

yeah i agree it would be a good move to bring him in. he certainly seems to have more potential than our current qb's

This league is built around elite quarterbacks. We already have an average qb in Fitz. I haven't seen too much of Stanton so I can't really comment, but do you think he'd really be that much better than Fitz? We seem to always bring in guys with "potential", and the experiment dies 1-2 years later.

He's only 2 years younger than Fitzpatrick. We already have the best Drew Stanton could ever dream of becoming with our current QB. If Stanton was any good at all then there were 10 teams that were looking for a QB this offseason and not once did I read any of them looking to trade for him.

I wish fans would let Fitzpatrick play out the season before burying him. Dude threw 23 TDs in 13 games on a team with a poor running game, no TE and a bad OL. I understand fans being skeptical over the long term future with Fitzpatrick, but Drew Stanton? C'mon man.

I haven't seen too much of Stanton so I can't really comment, but do you think he'd really be that much better than Fitz?

He certainly has a vastly superior toolbox.

Doesn't Batch play for the Steelers?

I was lobbying for the Bills to bring him in from Detroit as a stopgap right before we pissed away a high draft pick on Bledsoe.

We already have the best Drew Stanton could ever dream of becoming with our current QB.

Says the guy who has obviously never watched him play......

That wouldn't be a bad move as the Lions have two decent young backups with Stanton and Shaun Hill, but I would guess the only way either of them become available is if Stafford can actually make it through a whole season in one piece. Stafford only started games last year, the same number that Stanton started, so he isn't really buried on the depth chart as long as Stafford remains so brittle. Maybe they can get him with the extra 4th round pick that they got from the Ravens for Lee Evans.

Edited by billsfreak

Doesn't Batch play for the Steelers?

Yeah I like Stanton. hate to say it but he looks like he has poise!!!!!!!! :bag:

Chroise!? Wasn't that Edwards? If he is so good, don't you think some other team needing a QB would have traded for him? Did you see him play in preseason or regular season?