Arthur Moats is 6'2' tall (James Harrison is 6', Elvis Dum

The guy showed promise on the outside...so let's put him on the inside ...stupid. Let him compete one on one with the taller guys and see who wins. I say Moats would win the job over Kelsay but Kelsay must have tape on Chan because he appears to not have to compete or be accountable.

Seems like about 90% of the moves that both this coaching staff and this front office make are stupid. What could Spiller have done in two weeks to unseat Jackson as the starting running back? He was so overwhelmed last year, you can't fix that in two weeks. We all know the way the QB situation developed last year. Our O-Line is beyond terrible and they haven't event flinched to address it. We have the worst organization in the NFL and it is getting less close as time goes by.

James Harrison (6') plays Outside LB and in 2008 was named AP Defensive Player of the Year with 16 sacks, 100 tackles, and 7 forced fumbles.

Elvis Dumervil (5'11") had 17 sacks in 2009.

Gailey on moving Moats (6'2") to Inside LB:

"There were a couple of reasons," Gailey explained. "One, I thought we had some good outside prospects. Two, I thought that we wanted another good, young prospect inside. And three, at six foot, he would never be the prototypical guy outside, so he has a better chance to be an impact player probably on the inside than he does on the outside."

It would really suck if Moats was limited to having a Harrison or Dumervil type impact if he was still playing Outside LB. Who cares about "prototypical" size if the guy can produce which Moats showed last year.

Exactly, Same reason why they moved Levitre inside when he was a LT.

I love all the typical board criticism after a loss. All the closet coaches come out of the woodwork to tell us all how a real coach would manage the team. Yup, Nix, Gailey and the linebacker coach fellow, what was his name, oh yeah, Wanny... yeah, well, they all suck and have no idea what a good football player looks like. Fire them all.

Come on... seriously?

:thumbsup:

I love all the typical board criticism after a loss. All the closet coaches come out of the woodwork to tell us all how a real coach would manage the team. Yup, Nix, Gailey and the linebacker coach fellow, what was his name, oh yeah, Wanny... yeah, well, they all suck and have no idea what a good football player looks like. Fire them all.

Come on... seriously?

Moats is being compared to Dumervil and Harrison now? I don't see the connection.

The connection is that both Dumervil and Harrison are both shorter than Moats and play on the outside. My point was that Moats should not be moved inside based on his height because he proved that he can produce on the outside last year. I also think he is better than Coleman and Batten so would get more playing time if he stayed on the outside.

Your point is "that is they moved him inside PURELY based on prototypical size, that is stupid".....you sat that after you quote gailey giving three reason on why he made the move. Height being the third. I think your point is null

If Gailey is going to base everything on height, etc. Why is Parrish still a WR and for that matter, why is Fitz still a QB? Why didn't he move Maybin to wideout and trade Stevie Johnson for a 6th round pick if body size is all that matters?

Edited by billsfreak

Come on... seriously?

Sorry, I forgot that going 4-12 puts you beyond reproach. Turns out the coaching staff must be really good at their jobs.

Come on... seriously?

I want to premise this with stating that I have not seen any of Saturday's game minus one hit on Donald Jones.

Normally I'm pretty aligned with this line of thinking but things are at an all time low (for my lifetime anyway).

Moats was one of a few bright spots last year. Why are would Chan ignore that?

Fred Jackson continues to outpace CJ Spiller by leaps and bounds yet has to prove himself every play.

The OL is a disaster. I don't harp on the OL as much as the typical poster but this camp and offseason have been real head scratchers.

I really want to believe in this team and this front office but they make it increasingly harder and harder.

I think Dareus was a move in the right direction. I think signing Merrimen and Barnett were both solid moves as well. I'm hoping for the best...

Come on... seriously?

Just because they're being paid doesn't mean that they're any damn good. I think everyone has finally admitted that a poll of fans would have done a better job drafting than this franchise's paid professionals, so dismissing that the same could be true of the coaching based on nothing more than an identical appeal to authority seems fairly silly.