Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only read the play by play. TG I didn't see it. It sounds like a colossal lack of effort. No long passes, non-aggressive. My only comment is fans should not react like Wall St and sell off this team based on one pre-season game. Heck, last year we thought Edwards was good in pre-season and look what happened. Give these guys a chance to digest the film from this debacle and get back on course.

To me it just suggests there's too much to correct in a few weeks. Bad games happen I suppose, but I just don't have much to point to as a positive from the game. The continued experimental use of Brad Smith makes me a bit concerned that Gailey is focusing too much on the exotic and not enough on the basics. The offensive line continues to be a major concern. I honestly don't know what Gailey focuses on between now and JAX. The primary issue is probably oline, but he's already taken that carousel of starters to an extreme, what more can he do in a week?

I understand that the offensive line played bad. No excuses for that. Maybe we'll sign a veteran to take Pears' spot and move Hangartner back to center, Wood back to guard. But my point is the pre season can be very deceiving. Never get too high, very get too low.

The Even keel speal is not going to fix the line on our team here, action by the Bills will. Pre-season means nothing but simple blocking should have, my god man we might need 5 QB's before the year is up at the pace they'll get hurt. Lee Evans ran away for a reason, it was a sign of things ugly to come. Our offense is putrid & our O-line is like the titanic orchestra right now, just playing the music as the boat sinks.

It's time to push the panic button.

Edited by Scrappy

We go from posts like "We have a top 15 defense" to "We lead the Luck sweepstakes" in a matter of hours. If they rebound next week then a ton of you will again be back on the bandwagon. You People need to learn that you can never get too high or too low in the pre season. Their performance wasn't promising, but nothing to judge the season on.

My favorite still is Two positions short of being a great team?.

PS. Its just the second a pre season game coming off a messed up off season. Things arn't as bad as they looked tonight.

Edited by LandShark13

To me it just suggests there's too much to correct in a few weeks. Bad games happen I suppose, but I just don't have much to point to as a positive from the game. The continued experimental use of Brad Smith makes me a bit concerned that Gailey is focusing too much on the exotic and not enough on the basics. The offensive line continues to be a major concern. I honestly don't know what Gailey focuses on between now and JAX. The primary issue is probably oline, but he's already taken that carousel of starters to an extreme, what more can he do in a week?

Call every OT that has a pro-bowl to their credit & work them out, it's really that bad right now.

Ok...I hold my nose and let this crap effort pass. But if our OL looks like this next week it's time for genuine alarm. Sign a vet to play tackle this week and stop this develop waiver wire and practice squad talent crap.

I just don't know why it has to take yet another preseason game to tell us our oline isn't good enough. I mean it wasn't good enough last year, did we really need another preseason to confirm it? Was there some level of promise exhibited at the end of the season that gave someone hope?

It really just reminds me of Trent Edwards and our need for another few games of failure before moving on. Only in this case it was even more clear.

- CJ Spiller was AWFUL. If he wasn't running into the QB or his lineman, he was clueless doing nothing while blitzers waltzed into the backfield. I'm not drafting him in Fantasy Football, I'll say this.

- We are doomed if anything bad happens to Merriman

- Denver's defense came out blasting us and we just kind sat around like pansies taking it. In baseball, if someone throws at your guy. You throw one at their best player's head. Sorry, but we should have taken a QB's head off. We looked like children getting bullied out there... it was pathetic.

- Do we miss Lee Evans yet?

- Our DL is getting good penetration, but they gotta shed some blocks and make some plays. Willis McGahee looked like Marshall Faulk.

- Our blocking was embarrassing... was that really our #1 unit out there? If I performed that badly at work, i'd be fired.

IN a word, Lackluster!

Tim-

I like your style D5 & that thread you put up, your alright. :thumbsup:

- CJ Spiller was AWFUL. If he wasn't running into the QB or his lineman, he was clueless doing nothing while blitzers waltzed into the backfield. I'm not drafting him in Fantasy Football, I'll say this.

- We are doomed if anything bad happens to Merriman

- Denver's defense came out blasting us and we just kind sat around like pansies taking it. In baseball, if someone throws at your guy. You throw one at their best player's head. Sorry, but we should have taken a QB's head off. We looked like children getting bullied out there... it was pathetic.

- Do we miss Lee Evans yet?

- Our DL is getting good penetration, but they gotta shed some blocks and make some plays. Willis McGahee looked like Marshall Faulk.

- Our blocking was embarrassing... was that really our #1 unit out there? If I performed that badly at work, i'd be fired.

See the Mr. Magoo thread about CJ for the exact same idea, brutal.

The Bills were one of the very worst teams in all of football last year.

The had a decent draft and added a couple mediocre free agents, but also lost major starters and leaders in Evans, Posluszny, and Whitner.

There's really no reason to think they will be significantly different from last year.

Edited by NaPolian8693

Aside from how terrible the protection was, the thing that was most concerning to me was how little separation our receivers were getting from their DB's, and how their corners were playing such tight press coverage against Jones, Roosevelt, etc. Drayton Florence's statement that the trade of Evans would change the way other teams play against us seems accurate. Had we maintained Evans and signed a quality RT like Clabo, I think our offense would be primed to take a step forward this year. As it is, it looks like they'll be taking a step back.

Perhaps gailey just wanted to run plays and see how his players performed in those plays and didn't scout or game plan to win.

Denver was the worst team in the NFL last year against the run and still have suspect DT's, if the Bills were playing to win I would think they would run the ball till Spiller's & Jackson's legs couldn't take anymore. Then let Brad Smith run it at them.

That starting O line looked very suspect against a bad Denver defense, dunno why the Bills aren't calling up every FA tackle out there