Sunday Ticket through Playstation 3

jonramz

Something to consider big-picture for those considering this ... IF you can get DirecTV, it still might be the way to go .... the Ticket is free this season, and I can almost promise you that next season when it comes time to renew they will cut you a deal if you call and threaten to cancel it because it is too expensive. Last season I got it for $180 instead of $300+, this season I am getting it essentially for free ... will that last forever? Probably not, but at least I can call and try. Not sure you have that option if you are just ordering it through PS3 online or whatever.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has only one signed up for this. I called Directtv and they said you have to call Sony, Sony doesn't appear to know what football is, when you call them.

You think for $400 they'd kiss your ass a little while they take your money.

I hope this isn't just vapor ware.

:wallbash:

As of right now, there is no way to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket through the Playstation Store. If the rumors are true and it is coming to the PS3, it would have to be added on in a system update or they would have to send you the program on a dvd like they did originally with Netflix.

If it was for real, you'd think they would be marketing the hell out of it and I haven't seen a single thing about it.

As of right now, there is no way to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket through the Playstation Store. If the rumors are true and it is coming to the PS3, it would have to be added on in a system update or they would have to send you the program on a dvd like they did originally with Netflix.

If it was for real, you'd think they would be marketing the hell out of it and I haven't seen a single thing about it.

It's not rumors, it was announcement by Sony and directv.

If you haven't seen a single thing about it, it's because you didn't look.

It's not rumors, it was announcement by Sony and directv.

If you haven't seen a single thing about it, it's because you didn't look.

Yes, I saw the announcements (I linked them earlier in this thread), but there is still no concrete way to order this service, that I can find. It is strange...almost like it is there, but they don't want anyone to take advantage of it. I agree with bender, you would think Sony would be advertising this all over the place. Have you figured out where to go, or how to go about ordering?

Yes, I saw the announcements (I linked them earlier in this thread), but there is still no concrete way to order this service, that I can find. It is strange...almost like it is there, but they don't want anyone to take advantage of it. I agree with bender, you would think Sony would be advertising this all over the place. Have you figured out where to go, or how to go about ordering?

You have to be a detective to find this out. Sony has more "customer Service" departments than Thurman Thomas has tweets.

After making some calls this morning this is supposedly the department that can hook you up with the details: Sony 800.345.7669

They don't open until 8am PST, and my morning is going to be crazy and I don't have time.

If someone else wants to give them a ring and let me know what happens, that'd be appreciated.

Here's the answer I got from Playstation:

Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA). I can definitely answer you questions regarding the NFL Sunday Ticket

At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers who already have NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go through DIRECTV can access the service on their PS3 for no additional charge.

We know that PlayStation® fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL Sunday Ticket is the perfect complement to the PS3™'s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter.

You can visit our blog as blog.us.playstation.com for more information as to when it will be available. I have included contact information to sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket through DirecTV below:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp

or by phone at: 1-800-531-5000

Thank you for your time and patience,

Tabithia H.

I went to the blog and the only official information there is the exact wording in the email. Found a user on their message board (everyone just as confused as we are) and one of them posted this:

I contacted Direct TV and this was there response:

“Thanks for taking the time to write us. I understand your concern about getting the NFL SUNDAY TICKET on your Playstation 3. I’ll be glad to look into this matter for you and would be glad to provide you with information you need.

I have checked and see that non-DIRECTV customers can get NFL SUNDAY TICKET on their PS3 if they can’t get DIRECTV at their current address. This will be available for purchase on September 6, 2011 through your PS3 at the PlayStation Network Store and for only $339.95. The first available NFL Sunday Ticket game is on September 11, 2011.”

Looks like we will have to wait until September 6.

Between the wording form the Playstation rep saying, "viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV..."

and the Direct TV rep saying, "non-DIRECTV customers can get NFL SUNDAY TICKET on their PS3 if they can’t get DIRECTV at their current address."

Guess we'll have to wait until the 6th to find out, but it sounds like it MIGHT not be what we thought it was. May just be another way to access the ticket for those that can't get Direct TV.

Here's the answer I got from Playstation:

I went to the blog and the only official information there is the exact wording in the email. Found a user on their message board (everyone just as confused as we are) and one of them posted this:

Between the wording form the Playstation rep saying, "viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV..."

and the Direct TV rep saying, "non-DIRECTV customers can get NFL SUNDAY TICKET on their PS3 if they can’t get DIRECTV at their current address."

Guess we'll have to wait until the 6th to find out, but it sounds like it MIGHT not be what we thought it was. May just be another way to access the ticket for those that can't get Direct TV.

I called that number and dug around and Sony and Directv and they both don't think that you get the ToGo feauture.

Also I'm a bit concerned they're hacking this app together as we speek. Which tells in may be the same POS quality as the POS NHL app, which was basically unusable.

I saw the 6th date on the forum too.

I can't get Directv where I live, Nazi HOA, so I'm not too worried about the wording.

I called that number and dug around and Sony and Directv and they both don't think that you get the ToGo feauture.

Also I'm a bit concerned they're hacking this app together as we speek. Which tells in may be the same POS quality as the POS NHL app, which was basically unusable.

I saw the 6th date on the forum too.

I can't get Directv where I live, Nazi HOA, so I'm not too worried about the wording.

Yeah, I read that too about the ToGo. I pretty much feel the same way about the app. If it was a finished product, it would be available already. There's no reason to hold off so long on this; it only hurts them. I think between those two things, I'm out of this. I already know that I'm going to be on the road for 3 Sundays, and most likely that will turn into 5-6. Without the ToGo option, it's just not worth the price, especially for a product that will likely be Beta this year.

Edited by Faustus