Who said Peyton wasnt any good?

crackur

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for understanding my point.

Pats fans wouldn't ever, ever, ever trade Brady for Manning.

182078[/snapback]

Also, you have to admit - part of this is that you value your own players especially the successful ones more than they are probably worth. No Bills fan would ever trade Kelly for Marino and I know no Pats fan would ever trade Brady for Manning. But this doesn't mean that Brady is better than Manning. How many Colts fans would trade Manning for Brady?

Smart ones would.  :o

:(

182101[/snapback]

But be honest - do you really think if you put Brady on the Colts - they would have won a Super Bowl by now? Let's take the AFC championship last year. Put Brady on the Colts team. Do you think the Colts would have won that game now? I don't.

Here I think the fact that Emmitt had an amazing O-line really played to his advantage.  The fact that Barry lost big yardage to me just demonstrates to me how bad his O-line was.  Give Barry the Cowboys starting 4 and how could he NOT move forward every time?

182042[/snapback]

Yep!

With the Cowboys' offensive line, Barry would have put that record so far out there, NO player would have a shot at it for a long time. It is amazing that he could be as dominating as he was on a team that threw the ball often (3 1,000 yard receivers in one season, if I recall) with an average AT BEST offensive line.

Switch the players' circumstances (Barry in Dallas, Emmitt in Detroit) and I think we'd see Barry obliterate the rushing record easily.

But be honest - do you really think if you put Brady on the Colts - they would have won a Super Bowl by now?  Let's take the AFC championship last year.  Put Brady on the Colts team.  Do you think the Colts would have won that game now?  I don't.

182113[/snapback]

Just as I'd take Russell over Chamberlain and Emmitt over Barry, I'll take Brady over Manning. Of course, I'm more biased than a Kennedy at a Democratic Convention, but I don't worry when I see Tin Manning under center against the Patriots. He'll make the big mistake when it counts.

Yep!

With the Cowboys' offensive line, Barry would have put that record so far out there, NO player would have a shot at it for a long time.  It is amazing that he could be as dominating as he was on a team that threw the ball often (3 1,000 yard receivers in one season, if I recall) with an average AT BEST offensive line. 

Switch the players' circumstances (Barry in Dallas, Emmitt in Detroit) and I think we'd see Barry obliterate the rushing record easily.

182116[/snapback]

Barry would have obliterated it anyway had he chose to continue playing.

Just as I'd take Russell over Chamberlain and Emmitt over Barry, I'll take Brady over Manning.  I admit, I'm biased... but I don't worry when I see Tin Manning under center against the Patriots.

182118[/snapback]

I guess that sorta answered the question...

Just as I'd take Russell over Chamberlain and Emmitt over Barry, I'll take Brady over Manning.  I admit, I'm biased... but I don't worry when I see Tin Manning under center against the Patriots.

182118[/snapback]

But that's because you have Belicheck. I know you won't admit it but there is no way that you think Brady and the Colts would have beaten Manning and the Patriots in last year's AFC championship game (assuming all other factors were the same - i.e. Harrison, Wayne and the others getting mugged.)

Well said, but I disagree with you.  The reason why Marino never succeeded was that his team became too dependent on him throwing the ball to succeed.  They always helped out Marino, providing him with weapons, but always to the detriment of a running game (Mark Higgs, Sammie Smith, Bernie Parmalee, etc) and the defense.  At least Manning HAS the running game, but the Colts don't choose to exercise that dimension often.

I will go to my grave claiming Emmitt was better than Barry.  Emmitt scored TDs, moved the chains, was always moving forward, and didn't put his team in 2nd-long, 3rd-long a lot by losing big yardage.  Barry was great, don't misunderstand me, but I'd take Emmitt every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

182010[/snapback]

Yeah, that Miami theory was proven when those players moved on to other teams and lit up the NFL. Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Yeah, Barry wouldn't have moved the chains with the Dallas offensive line and Troy Aikman at the helm instead of Greg Landry, Jeff Komlo, Gary Danielson, Eric Hipple, Chuck Long, Rusty Hilger, Bob Gagliano, Rodney Peete, Andre Ware, Erik Kramer and Scott Mitchell. Your arrogance is only trumped by your ignorance. :o

Just as I'd take Russell over Chamberlain and Emmitt over Barry, I'll take Brady over Manning.  Of course, I'm more biased than a Kennedy at a Democratic Convention,  but I don't worry when I see Tin Manning under center against the Patriots.  He'll make the big mistake when it counts.

182118[/snapback]

I bet Peyton would've beat the Dolphins last Monday night if he was under center for the Pats. :o

Your arrogance is only trumped by your ignorance. :o

182130[/snapback]

Which in turn is trumped only by your beligerence.

What's your problem, meat? We're having a football discussion. I'm not allowed to disagree, meat? Thought you were better than that.

Smart ones would.  :o

:(

182101[/snapback]

Jesus christ, are you still spouting off on a Bills message board about a Colts player in order to defend Mr. Ass-Pass from the Patriots? What the hell is wrong with you? Go to your own board and do this crap. Right now, you act like a guy defending his tiny, stubby penis in front of the world. We don't want to hear about your tiny pe--, er, Tom Brady.

Or as my friends from Boston use to say, "Dude, what the F***?!?!?"

What's your problem, meat?  We're having a football discussion.  I'm not allowed to disagree, meat?  Thought you were better than that.

182140[/snapback]

Yeah, you're certainly allowed to disagree. Of course, your paradigm is based on ignorance (no real surprise). Meat? Yeah, that was funny when Bull Durham came out. Given your takes, you're alot closer to Ebby Calvin Laloush than you are Krash (sic) Davis.

Get yer' shine box.

"Go to your own board, your facts and objective reasonings are not wanted here"

:o

Since everyone loves talking about post counts.. how about the 183 count Bills fan calling the 1,000+ posts Pats fan he is a troll, and to get off his board.