Looking to next year (I know, I know.)

....sign DT Shaun Rogers who will be a FA in Detroit. Everything I've read says they aren't bringing him back because he's got a bad attitude but I've also read repeatedly his attitude stems from not playing in games that mean anything. He wants to win and is sick and tired of "rebuilding". The guy is only 25 and is 6-5 345 and he's an all-pro caliber DT. He would be the one big contract I'd allow.

As far as that draft we've got to figure out a way to get into the first round and my hope is we can package RB Travis Henry, our 2nd and if it's a high pick I'd even throw in our 1st next year. We simply must draft an elite OT to replace Jennings (He's gone to Atlanta), elite TE (I personally think it's the final offensive piece of the puzzle) elite WR to replace Moulds (If he won't renegotiate do you release him?) or elite interior OL to allow us to shed Teague's big contract or drastically improve the LG position.

I know people wish to believe there is no need to shed salary and get younger on the DL but we must sooner than later as Pat has indeed lost a step and Sam cannot perform at this level for much longer. A guy like Shaun Rogers would enable us to actually upgrade on DT spot while giving us the heir apparent for Sam's spot as well as the cap flexibility when that time comes. It would be nice if Ron Edwards would be what we thought he would be but that's just a fantasy now.

Sign Pat Williams - screw Shaun Rogers ....

167968[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. We should re-sign a guy who is having his worst season in 5 years as a Bill and will be 33 next season over a guy who is going to 25 next season and is an obvious upgrade at the position and who would also allow us the ability to replace Sam Adams when that time comes in the very near future.

LOL

....sign DT Shaun Rogers who will be a FA in Detroit. Everything I've read says they aren't bringing him back because he's got a bad attitude but I've also read repeatedly his attitude stems from not playing  in games that mean anything.  He wants to win and is sick and tired of "rebuilding".  The guy is only 25 and is 6-5 345 and he's an all-pro caliber DT.  He would be the one big contract I'd allow.

As far as that draft we've got to figure out a way to get into the first round and my hope is we can package RB Travis Henry, our 2nd and if it's a high pick I'd even throw in our 1st next year.  We simply must draft an elite OT to replace Jennings (He's gone to Atlanta), elite TE (I personally think it's the final offensive piece of the puzzle) elite WR to replace Moulds (If he won't renegotiate do you release him?) or elite interior OL to allow us to shed Teague's big contract or drastically improve the LG position.

I know people wish to believe there is no need to shed salary and get younger on the DL but we must sooner than later as Pat has indeed lost a step and Sam cannot perform at this level for much longer.  A guy like Shaun Rogers would enable us to actually upgrade  on DT spot while giving us the heir apparent for Sam's spot as well as the cap flexibility when that time comes.  It would be nice if Ron Edwards would be what we thought he would be but that's just a fantasy now.

167963[/snapback]

Get him and Bubba Franks! Sweet!

As much as I like Pat Williams, I would like some younger blood too. Unless you can work a deal that isn't to costly, but I don't see that happening. It's the state of the league these days you have to find raw talent, and let real talent go when the price just doesn't make sense.

Yeah, you're right.  We should re-sign a guy who is having his worst season in 5 years as a Bill and will be 33 next season over a guy who is going to 25 next season and is an obvious upgrade at the position and who would also allow us the ability to replace Sam Adams when that time comes in the very near future.

LOL

168061[/snapback]

You must know nothing of defense. Bruce Smith did not always pile up huge tackle or sack numbers but because he was ALWAYS double or in a lot of cases triple teamed it allowed others to make plays (hmmm Phil Hansen). And lets go ahead and take a primadona and replace Pat Williams who spends much of the time double teamed allowing others (Sam Adams) to make plays. For a homework assignment look at how Takeo Spikes got his pick and TD today. (HINT: Pat Williams was the key). A DT is not what this D needs...how about a pass rusher ???

Can i have some of what you are smoking? We have a decent line right now. They are getting better each week. Another training camp together and with Mcnally i think they will be dominate. It seems to me that most of the stud OLinemen out there aren't drafted in the 1st round. I could be wrong.

Resign Pat Williams for a few more years. We just got a new DT this past draft and Edwards is coming along.

A really good TE would be nice. Campbell is too hot and cold. Euhus has promise.

This next draft i would draft people for depth. We seem to be short on linemen, and cornerbacks.