Kyle williams Extension talk...

rpcolosi

WHat's the money going to be like for Kyle? I have to believe it's at least $8M/year.

isn't that too much money for a "high motor" guy that is too small to play the nose and is too short for defensive end?

seriously though, i love having this guy on my team and hope he retires as a bill.

We couldn't do this with Evans on the team?

Lee was a completely different situation.

WR is considered a strong position on the team. NT has a 2nd year guy and a 7th rnd prospect behind Kyle. Kyle was in the pro bowl last year while Lee wasn't considered a top 50 WR. Lee is considered to be on the wrong side of 30. Kyle is 28. Kyle has been improving year after year. Lee has been trending downward in his productivity. By the time this team is ready to compete for the playoffs, Kyle will be an integral part of that plan while Lee was seemingly having problems finding a place in Chans offense. Kyle deserves more money and Lee is getting an opportunity to play for a contender now while he has something left. While that may not have been the objective of moving him, it certainly is the result.

EDIT: Misread your comment :wallbash:

Yes it could have been done with Lee still on the roster.

Edited by timba