looking ahead

i was just wondering if anyone here has opinions on who may be ready to step forward from last year's draft class. it seems like there are some players who could be ready to make contributions on both sides of the ball. i am very anxious to see carrington and troup hit the feild, as well as spiller. batten and easley are hopefully healthy and ready to contribute, and i am actually excited to see arthur moats in the middle. seeing as though these are all players selected to be a part of the gailey/nix bills, i'm very eager to see what they have to offer.

i was just wondering if anyone here has opinions on who may be ready to step forward from last year's draft class. it seems like there are some players who could be ready to make contributions on both sides of the ball. i am very anxious to see carrington and troup hit the feild, as well as spiller. batten and easley are hopefully healthy and ready to contribute, and i am actually excited to see arthur moats in the middle. seeing as though these are all players selected to be a part of the gailey/nix bills, i'm very eager to see what they have to offer.

I am excited about the dedication that both Troupe and Carrington showed this offseason. Both reportedly came back much stronger

- in a year when they had no oversight from coaches - very commendable. I think that bodes well for both of them maximizing their

talents.

I don't think that Spiller is a slacker at all. I kind of think that the trade of Evans opens up some pass routes for the electrifyingly fast

Spiller.

I am cautiously optimistic that Moats, David Nelson and Donald Jones will build on their promising rookie performances. I am hoping

very much that Naaman Roosevelt is a true success story and can develop into a solid contributor.

Spiller is likely a bust by the end of the year. One of the two between Troup and Carrington will become a "solid" guy, the other forgettable, both run out of town eventually. Nelson will get hurt and be gone. Moats will never see playing time due to our dedication to Kelsay.

I'm clearly optimistic. ;)

I've said from the start they should try to use Spiller as a slot receiver hybrid type, like they did with Percy Harvin.

He still might not be a bust at running back, but he's the type that needs an o-line to create nice holes for him, and he has the shiftiness to elude that final level of defenders and then the speed to go. With mediocre or bad o-line play, he's just not the guy that's going to bust through arm tackles in the hole and grind out solid yardage.

Run some bubble screens for him. Motion out to the slot and run a drag route. That sort of thing.

Edited by NaPolian8693

Batten and Easly were seriously injured. If either makes the team and contributes, this would be an amazing, wonderful scebario.

Spiller is a gadget player. Expecting much from him is a reach imo, and I hope I am wrong. He was quite simply a very stupid draft selection.

Carrington and Troup are our best hopes imo. Both of them have a chance to be good football players. They are big, strong kids and I am optimistic about them. If even one of them can play, it would help us a great deal. We might actually have a respectable defense.

The offense is another story. Our running backs appear to be suspect, as does our receiving corps. The OL is a putrid, sub-par mess. I like Fitz more than most but he has just so little to work with.

If we catch a break and some of our second year players develop, I am thinking that we can win as many as 6 or 7 games.

If Marcus Easley can stop spraining his Vag, i think he can be a stud

Edited by LVBillsBackr

I am excited about the dedication that both Troupe and Carrington showed this offseason. Both reportedly came back much stronger

- in a year when they had no oversight from coaches - very commendable. I think that bodes well for both of them maximizing their

talents.

I don't think that Spiller is a slacker at all. I kind of think that the trade of Evans opens up some pass routes for the electrifyingly fast

Spiller.

I am cautiously optimistic that Moats, David Nelson and Donald Jones will build on their promising rookie performances. I am hoping

very much that Naaman Roosevelt is a true success story and can develop into a solid contributor.

good points. i am hoping that those that were bitten by the injury bug last year will show the potential for which they were drafted, even if only on special teams (we need those guys too). and that those that showed promise last year will take another step in the right direstion. i am really pulling for arthur moats to be a stud in the middle for years to come. he seems to be a great kid with a real passion for the game. and if he can make the transition, it looks promising. hopefully cj can improve and chan can come up with some nice plays for him. and i am really looking forward to seeing who wants to be on the feild at the wide receiver position. if nothing else, it should be interesting.