BAL must lose 2, DEN,JAX must lose 1 or :

Sorry guys but I'm a Bills fan and I'm a believer until the final play of this season. This team has made me a believer and with that goes unwavering faith in this season going our way.

Houston and Oakland are both dangerous teams and could hang loss on Jacksonville and I firmly believe Baltimore loses tonight to Indy and again to Pittsburgh. Denver may actually lose both its last games but will certainly fall to an Indy team playing for home field advantage on the final day of season.

Do we need help? Of course we do. But as Chris Berman says "NO one and I mean no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!".

Another way we can get in even with Jacksonville winning out:

Jets lose 2

Ravens lose 2

Denver loses 1

Buff Jets and Jacksonville all 10-6...Bills beat out Jets in tie breaker....divisional tie breakers go 1st....so Bills and Jags would get in

Bottom line: PRAY for a Ravens loss tonight, and we have a shot...not a good one, but not impossible by ANY stretch

Another way we can get in even with Jacksonville winning out:

Jets lose 2

Ravens lose 2

Denver loses 1

Buff Jets and Jacksonville all 10-6...Bills beat out Jets in tie breaker....divisional tie breakers go 1st....so Bills and Jags would get in

Bottom line:  PRAY for a Ravens loss tonight, and we have a shot...not a good one, but not impossible by ANY stretch

167852[/snapback]

The Bills situation got bad today. Real bad. But let's look at the positives here. If the Bills finish 10-6, whether they make it into the playoffs or not, they will be heading into 2005 with SERIOUS steam.

You cannot underestimate the way a team plays at the end of a season. It is a serious table setter for next year.

So of course root for Jacksonville and Denver to lose one and the Jets and Ravens to lose two...but in the end, let's hope the Bills finish 10-6

I'd say the Ravens have better than a 50/50 shot of losing 2.

The Jags probably have slightly less than a 50/50 shot of losing 1.

The Jets losing 2 and Denver losing 1 are both about 50/50 IMO.

I can see each of the 4 happening; it's just not likely that 3 of the 4 will happen.

Anyone else have a bad feeling about the Pats/Jets game next week? It's just that I've grown to despise NE SOOOOOO much, I just KNOW they're going to screw us over the ONE time I root for them.

To me, the two biggest games today, outside of the obvious Bills win, was Denver losing at KC and the ravens losing at indy, which likely will happen. I expected the Jets to win. I didnt expect the Jags to win, but I doubt they will win both of their remaining games. If, before the day, we were offered the option of Bills win, Ravens and Broncos loss, and Jets and Jags win, I would have taken it in a second.

Of course, the Ravens have to lose tonight.

The Bills situation got bad today. Real bad. But let's look at the positives here. If the Bills finish 10-6, whether they make it into the playoffs or not, they will be heading into 2005 with SERIOUS steam.

You cannot underestimate the way a team plays at the end of a season. It is a serious table setter for next year.

So of course root for Jacksonville and Denver to lose one and the Jets and Ravens to lose two...but in the end, let's hope the Bills finish 10-6

167861[/snapback]

I'm actually not looking forward to everybody and their brother next August calling us the "sleeper team" or the "team to watch out for". There's always that one token team every summer, and they ALWAYS disapoint.

Sorry guys but I'm a Bills fan and I'm a believer until the final play of this season.  This team has made me a believer and with that goes unwavering faith in this season going our way.

Houston and Oakland are both dangerous teams and could hang loss on Jacksonville and I firmly believe Baltimore loses tonight to Indy and again to Pittsburgh.  Denver may actually lose both its last games but will certainly fall to an Indy team playing for home field advantage on the final day of season.

Do we need help?  Of course we do.  But as Chris Berman says "NO one and I mean no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!".

167845[/snapback]

I don't belive there's any scenario for Indy to be "playing for home field advantage" if PIT defeats BALT as we want them to. Indy already has 3 losses so if NE and PIT win next week, that game at DEN means nothing to the Colts I'm afraid. :doh:

I'm actually not looking forward to everybody and their brother next August calling us the "sleeper team" or the "team to watch out for".  There's always that one token team every summer, and they ALWAYS disapoint.

167871[/snapback]

If you look at the statistics for the past 8 years, 70 percent of teams who win at least 5 of the last 7 games of the year make the playoffs the following year. It's a crazy stat for sure, but one that merits our attention.

I don't belive there's any scenario for Indy to be "playing for home field advantage" if PIT defeats BALT as we want them to. Indy already has 3 losses so if NE and PIT win next week, that game at DEN means nothing to the Colts I'm afraid. :doh:

167874[/snapback]

Denver will lose next weekend, so the game will be moot regardless.

Denver is the least of our concerns. The Jacksonville win coupled with the Jets win makes it very tough. I honestly don't see both the Jets and the Bills making it in (the laws of probability are against both WC teams coming from the same division), so the best shot for the Bills will be a Jet collapse...

Which means NE and St.Louis have to come through....GULP.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

If the Jets need to beat St. Louis to get in they will. They may lose to New England but the Rams suck and won't beat the Jets. Especially with Bulger out.

Better hope for the others to go down. Green Bay really f-ed us today.

As a Patriots fan, I want to give credit to the Bills for reviving their season and showing some real character. If the Bills get in, they will have earned it in spades because there will be a win against the Steelers in there. The Steelers might not even need that game because the Jets could very well beat the Pats next Sunday. The Pats will be coming off a short week and have a road game. So, the Steelers may play their starters only half that game. I think the Bills best bet is Jacksonville losing week 17 at Oakland. Good luck. Imagine - a playoff run with Bledsoe at QB. I'm amazed. What a turd.

Green Bay not beating Jacksonville today might hurt in the long run. It was a good game, but not a good result if you are a Bills fan. I am hoping that the Jets have a major collapse in the last two weeks. As far as tonight is concerned, go Colts. We'll figure out everything by the end of tonights game.

Denver will lose next weekend, so the game will be moot regardless.

Denver is the least of our concerns. The Jacksonville win coupled with the Jets win makes it very tough. I honestly don't see both the Jets and the Bills making it in (the laws of probability are against both WC teams coming from the same division), so the best shot for the Bills will be a Jet collapse...

Which means NE and St.Louis have to come through....GULP.

167887[/snapback]

I think people are forgetting that STL and SEA could go into the final game tied and STL would need to win vs NYJ to win the division (They beat SEA both times this season).

This make the NYJ v STL game not nearly the easy game it appears on the surface.