Notable Cuts

I'm sure this is accurate, with Robert Parish at the center position we don't need Evans.

Rumor from ESPN...

A Suitor for Evans??

UPDATE: Mike Jurecki of XTRA Sports 910 has reported that the Arizona Cardinals are "showing interest" in acquiring wide receiver Lee Evans from the Buffalo Bills. The issue could be trade cost: remember, the Cards are without their second-rounder for 2012 after the Kevin Kolb trade.

We're still not entirely convinced the Bills actually want to trade the potentially explosive WR who is under contract at a very reasonable rate for the next two seasons. But if they are, the Cards do make sense on some level.

---

During an appearance on WGR-550 AM in Buffalo back in June, Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick hinted that we could be seeing more targets for Lee Evans this season. "I'm looking to get [Evans] way more involved in the offense this year," Fitzpatrick confirmed.

However, Dan Pompei of National Football Post presents a different idea within his "Sunday Blitz" column: the team could be looking to trade the Wisconsin product.

"The Bills have a crowd at the receiver position after the acquisition of Brad Smith. The former Jet joins Lee Evans, Steve Johnson and Robert Parrish, so don't be surprised if the Bills part ways with Evans," Pompei writes. "The veteran had a down year in 2010 with only 37 catches, and he could have some trade value. Interesting parties have been sniffing around."

As we know, Smith has been designated as a quarterback by the team, and he's expected to play a versatile role all over the field, not just wideout. Moreover, with all respect due to Johnson for his breakout season in 2010, the team doesn't have another player of Evans' caliber on the roster. In addition, according to Rotoworld, Evans is under contract with the team for base salaries of $3.275 million (plus $1.5 million in roster bonuses each year), which is a very organization-friendly price. Unless the teams that are "sniffing around" are also willing to part with significant assets, it wouldn't seem like trading Evans would be of great benefit to the team.

- Tim Kavanagh

I wouldn't say Donald Jones is a lock to make this team. I think as of now he will, but if Buster Davis can show some skills on Special Teams too I wouldn't be all that surprised if he made it in favor of him. As for TE, I think Nelson is the odd man out at this point. He's hurt once again, hasn't showed anything when he is healthy and since Chandler and Martin are both looking solid, Nelson has to compete with desperate undrafted rookies like Pinalto who don't look all that bad.

Davis did nothing in his time is SD. At least Jones was a rookie last year and had some flashes and has potential. And he's excellent on ST's. There's almost no way I see Davis sticking.

Easley will get IR'd if he's not ready to play. They aren't going to cut him unless there is some long-term injury issue or serious attitude problem.

IR is another option. But if they do that, his season is over again.

I am not sure why Roosevelt seems to be such a "lock". I know he's easy to root for, but looked very easy to cover in his brief playing time last year, and dropped a few easy ones. I think there are guys with a much higher upside on this roster. I'm not smashing him, he very much has a chance to make the team...But with the pickups of Smith and Davis, he seems to be on the outside looking in right now. I also don't seem him beating out Jones, who looked faster and more physical, as well as being a solid ST guy.

Smith will take one of the 3 QB's spots. And Davis doesn't stand a chance. Roosevelt has been catching everything and as per Fitz, knows where to be.

The tall receiver we have been looking for?

Haha...I noticed that too. As soon as I see a mistake like that in an article, the content of the article loses a little credibility with me.