Banged up after 3 days

ravens had 18 injuries on the 1st day of camp

this points to the the utter nonsense that is reporting preseason (and, actually, regular season) injuries.

the original poster posited a sensible question. given the high number of reported preseason injuries currently plaguing the league, any reasonable coach would recommend his players just take it easy for the remainder of camp. in fact, they shouldn't play at all until the season opener.

pre-season injuries are, for the most part, a farce.

we'll only find out who's actually injured on opening day.

Physically intense game? We are talking about 3 days of fairly light practice aren't we? Not full on, game type contact to the best of my knowledge.

In my experiences, even practices can be pretty intense. Especially the first few after an offseason with no organized training sessions or anything.

But hey, I guess we should just scream and cry about a couple players having minor injuries, instead. :)

(edit: my opinion though, is probably based on a different definition of intense... I'm active most days, and a lot of times I come away sore, I'm 29 and in good shape... I can't imagine doing what these guys do)

Edited by Dorkington

Darryl Talley, after watching a day of Bills' camp, opined "there's nothing hard" about what they were doing.

This, coming from a player who benefited from "Camp Marv" back in the day.

These injuries, in my opinion, are the result of larger, "tighter" athletes. There's such a thing as being "too" ripped to play sports.

These injuries, in my opinion, are the result of larger, "tighter" athletes. There's such a thing as being "too" ripped to play sports.

Yeah this makes sense. I was comparing to soccer and hockey where you simply don't see these types of injuries from light workouts. Muscle bulk would be a big difference between NFL players and the others. Good point.

Darryl Talley, after watching a day of Bills' camp, opined "there's nothing hard" about what they were doing.

This, coming from a player who benefited from "Camp Marv" back in the day.

I even somewhat believe him. But I always think of the Bill Cosby routine retelling where he had to walk to school... in the snow, uphill, both ways.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the sky is galling and I know there we're no OTAs and people are out of shape, but are other teams having this many strange injuries after 3 days or is it just the normal Bills pre season

We have had THREE guys have injuries....and 2 of them are only going to miss a small amount of time.

Given the way this offseason has gone I think we should count ourselves fortunate.

Somewhat related.....

I think you are better protected from injury when you are IN full pads then when you are actually in shorts.

The only real injury my son has had playing football was in the passing tournaments the summer before his senior year.....

- My son was playing the H back spot.....QB thought he would take advantage of his leaping ability and threw him a high pass

- Son went for the pass......didn't land correctly (with both feet) as he was concentrating on the ball....hyper extended....torn ACL

I dont think he has ever actually gotten hurt in a full padded practice.....the hyperextension and ACL tear took away his senior season.