Osi UmenYiora

Obviously Nix and company believe that the Bills are fine on the outside with pass rushers. I mean, with studs like Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman, Aaron Maybin and Chris Kelsay, what else do you need? :bag:

We need to cough up a hugely valuable draft pick for a one dimensional, finesse pass rusher who can't hold the point of attack?

Yeah, he'd fit right in with the big physical front full of versatile players the Bills are trying to build.

Great plan... :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a talent like him, you run your D to his strengths. More importantly, we are going to be a hybrid of sorts bouncing between 4-3 and 3-4...he can line up DE in 4-3 and OLB in 3-4...

Is he a right tacke? No. Is he a 3-4 outside rush linebacker? No.

Any trade for Osi would be a square peg in a round hole as far as the Bills are concerned.

Edited by SteamRoller67

We need to cough up a hugely valuable draft pick for a one dimensional, finesse pass rusher who can't hold the point of attack?

Yeah, he'd fit right in with the big physical front full of versatile players the Bills are trying to build.

Great plan... :lol:

Did Jason Tayor make the switch from a 9 tech 4-3 end and play well in the 4-3? Yes. Ever heard of Elvis Dumerville? He started off at DE in Denver too. Calvin Pace? Yes! Aldulus Thomas started off his career in Baltimore at end also. All of them converted to OLB in a 3-4 and played quite well. But of course Simon, you're too busy trying to act smart than actually know your facts as usual.

What position do you think Woodely, Ware, Harrison, Porter, J. Johnson, Phillips played at in college? The reason why is because playing 9 Technique DE is very similar to playing OLB in a 3-4. Playing the run is exactly the same. Playing the pass/in space is not something any 3-4 OLB does particularly well because 90% of the time they are coming after the QB anyways.

A polished and proven pass rusher with an attitude IS worth a 2nd round pick to the Bills. There are no edge rushers on this team right now. Hopefully Merrriman does well but what are the chances? Let's wait on more "projects" to develop! :bag:

What I did notice is that the Pats (3-4), Chargers (3-4) and Baltimore (Multiple) are going after him hard....wonder why? But you're right Simon, what could the Bills do with him? :lol:

Did Jason Tayor make the switch from a 9 tech 4-3 end and play well in the 4-3? Yes. Ever heard of Elvis Dumerville? He started off at DE in Denver too. Calvin Pace? Yes! Aldulus Thomas started off his career in Baltimore at end also. All of them converted to OLB in a 3-4 and played quite well. But of course Simon, you're too busy trying to act smart than actually know your facts as usual.

What position do you think Woodely, Ware, Harrison, Porter, J. Johnson, Phillips played at in college? The reason why is because playing 9 Technique DE is very similar to playing OLB in a 3-4. Playing the run is exactly the same. Playing the pass/in space is not something any 3-4 OLB does particularly well because 90% of the time they are coming after the QB anyways.

A polished and proven pass rusher with an attitude IS worth a 2nd round pick to the Bills. There are no edge rushers on this team right now. Hopefully Merrriman does well but what are the chances? Let's wait on more "projects" to develop! :bag:

What I did notice is that the Pats (3-4), Chargers (3-4) and Baltimore (Multiple) are going after him hard....wonder why? But you're right Simon, what could the Bills do with him? :lol:

You're correct, I was mistaken. At 260-270 lbs, I assumed you wanted him to play End.

I just didn't think that anybody could possibly be goofy enough to give up a high draft pick and a boatload of money for the right to plug a soft, selfish player into a position he has never even played before.

What an awesome plan! :thumbsup:

You're correct, I was mistaken. At 260-270 lbs, I assumed you wanted him to play End.

I just didn't think that anybody could possibly be goofy enough to give up a high draft pick and a boatload of money for the right to plug a soft, selfish player into a position he has never even played before.

Obviously you didn't read the facts. Jason Taylor, Dumerville, Pace and A. Thomas all were 9 tech DEs in college and to start their pro career (those are the ones off of the top of my head). Each one of them made the transition quite well. Actually, Dumerville recorded 17 sacks in his first year after the transition. Suggs is another guy who swithces between both positions. Now, I'm not going to say that OU would be that dominate but he would be more than capable of making the transition. And he would instantly become the best player at that position on the team.

But hey, if you're happy with what the Bills have, that is your opinion. However, you couldn't be more wrong about the position change. The Chargers and Pats are very interested in him. But I'm sure Belichick will take your advice to heart about the position switch! :lol:

I could have sworn that said something else before.....hmmmmmm

The Chargers and Pats are very interested in him. But I'm sure Belichick will take your advice to heart about the position switch! :lol:

"According to the source, the Giants still are asking for a top pick, which hasn't produced interest to this point."

Looks like you really nailed this one, too. <_<

Of course! That means that he doesn't translate to a 3-4 OLB which was the issue we were talking about. Nice deflection though. Drinking at the keyboard again Simon? :lol:

Actually the issue we were talking about was whether it was wise to give up a high draft pick just to find out if he can excel in a position he's never played before.

You thought it was a great idea and slammed the Bills for not doing it because you were pretending to know that a bunch of other teams were interested.

I thought it was irretrievably stupid regardless of what some reporter was idly speculating about.

As it turns out, your drama queen squealing was completely unfounded; and now it also appears that the rest of the NFL happens to agree with me.

And while I haven't been drinking; a cocktail sounds like a fine idea. Congrats on finding at least one thing to be right about in this thread...... :beer: