Whats up with Sheppard

he's been tweeting steadily about how excited he is to get going, etc.

i would imagine he'll be signed in short order, and this is not a prelude to an extended holdout.

it's only been a few days, let's step away from the panic button.

we should not expect this kid to come in and have an immediate impact as a rookie. The difference between College and pro is huge.

If he does play well in year 1 it will be a huge bonus, but to expect it is probably a bit foolish

Marv used to say "the best rookies are last years rookies" and that makes a lot of sense

This is exactly what will happen especially with the loss of Poz. He is going to be under the gun to produce early. I am not very happy with Poz right now.

Not to burst anyone's bubble on Sheppard, but Mike Mayock said right after Sheppard was drafted that he was projected as a back-up in the NFL. Just sayin'

LOL -- did you really type that? That's all you do around here, Mr. "Wonderful"... :lol:

Not to burst anyone's bubble on Sheppard, but Mike Mayock said right after Sheppard was drafted that he was projected as a back-up in the NFL. Just sayin'

Not to unburst anyones bubble or make the suggestion of a bubble, but there are no "projected starters" taken in the third round, all of those are off the board. Yet a large percentage of the leauge's starters were taken in the third or later.... so mysterious.

we should not expect this kid to come in and have an immediate impact as a rookie. The difference between College and pro is huge.

If he does play well in year 1 it will be a huge bonus, but to expect it is probably a bit foolish

Marv used to say "the best rookies are last years rookies" and that makes a lot of sense

I beg the differ. Saw Patrick Willis play for 3 yrs in the SEC and he made an immediate impact in the NFL. If the player is a "player" he will catch on quick and make the same plays he did in college. Impact is Impact.

I beg the differ. Saw Patrick Willis play for 3 yrs in the SEC and he made an immediate impact in the NFL. If the player is a "player" he will catch on quick and make the same plays he did in college. Impact is Impact.

riiiighttt, but patrick willis was an animal in college and dominated those boys, and was a first round pick because of it...

Sheppard was pretty good in college, didnt dominate every game by any means, and was passed up by every team at least twice for reasons...lets keep it in perspective

riiiighttt, but patrick willis was an animal in college and dominated those boys, and was a first round pick because of it...

Sheppard was pretty good in college, didnt dominate every game by any means, and was passed up by every team at least twice for reasons...lets keep it in perspective

If a Rookie comes in and dominates it's usually at LB, or RB sometimes OG