All chances of obtaining the good players in FA

Scrappy

I'd plan on a long winter & a wet summer, the Bills are at the bottom of the tank.

Am I allowed to say shut up stupid? Ok good. Then STFU Stupid.

The summer has been simply spectacular and last year was as well. Yes winter sucked but it was winter.

Go Bills!

Am I allowed to say shut up stupid? Ok good. Then STFU Stupid.

The summer has been simply spectacular and last year was as well. Yes winter sucked but it was winter.

Go Bills!

Since this involves future poor play, it'll have to be next year.

I said Merriman was a risk, he still is too me. He practiced for 15 minutes & missed the balance of last year, so let's see how he does this year before annointing him.

You say a lot of things, most of them stupid. I'm not annointing him, will you take a few seconds and try to stay on point. My post was referring to taking chances on someone like Merriman is our best shot at getting high end talent. Of course it's a risk you knumbskull, but it's a risk a team like the Bills has to take. We don't get top FA's to come.

This team needs to build it's core through the draft, win, try and gain some respectability, and then become an attractive landing spot for FA's.

Burnett went from SD to Miami, fairweather friend indeed.

Precisely. He basically took the better weather and tax situation. The Dols are worse than the Bills and their organization is no less of a joke.

Nnamdi took a haircut to play on the Eagles, just $12 million a year for a player who made $28 million over the last two years and was the hottest player on the free agent market.

Do we even know what the other offers were? While $12M/year might seem cheap, it depends on what other teams were willing to pay.

Precisely. He basically took the better weather and tax situation. The Dols are worse than the Bills and their organization is no less of a joke.

Do we even know what the other offers were? While $12M/year might seem cheap, it depends on what other teams were willing to pay.

He was getting $14 Million for 2 years from his current team, so taking $12 M from a different team during his FA means he wanted to play for Philly. FA usually leave their current team to collect more, like 99% of the time.

Winning will help with free agents . I just want to point out that things can change. In the early 90's the Yankees were a mess and they could not get anyone but retreads to take their money . While the Bills are not the Yankees , a couple of solid season will allow thenm to bring in a key player when needed. Buddy is right most of your Core guys are going to come through the Draft. He is following the Steeler model not the Jets model. Lokking over the roster you can already see the difference , every year will get better .

So Burnett's out now. What's plan D? Are we on plan D or is it plan E?

My plan D would be get Manny Lawson ( IMO the best 3-4 LB left) and let Moats, Batten, White, Davis, and Shepard fight it out for the two ILB position

Plan E would be getting Rudd and hoping Rudd could play inside in a 3-4

Plan F would be to continue to say we are playing 3-4 but actual just play 4-3

Plan G is a 5-1-5 DL Carrington, Dareus, Jasper, Williams, Moats

LB Merriman

DBs McKelvin, Drayton, Wilson, Bryd, Searcy

Plan H is Jasper playing ILB just for fun

There are few teams Clabo probably would have left for given that Atlanta matched the offer.

From listening to Clabo's interview with Sirius NFL Radio, it sounds like he valued his ties with Atlanta big time. I doubt he would have left them for anyone else if Atlanta matched.

To me, that says Atlanta is running their franchise the right way.

Edited by BlueFire

Did the Bills shoot themselves in the foot by announcing to the world that they would not be big spenders in the FA market? Would a free agent that they were after feel better if they at least thought that they would not be the only major FA acquisition?

Look a it from the free agents point of view,...

"Sure this team sucks, but they had a decent draft. Me and 2-3 other free agents and we are competitive or better."

Versus thinking...

"Me and a bunch of losers, we have no chance, is the money really worth it?"

Just seems to me the front office would be better off not saying things like this, even if they are true. It still sounds negative.