I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!

jahnyc

Now it is back to the mega frustrating Buffalo Bills organization.

How can the GM of the Bills with a huge amount of free cap space tell the fans that the Bill will not be spending money on free agents? How is this even possible? Then the reporter for the Bills tells us that we will not be targeting any of the top 70 free agents. What the GM tells us is that we will sign our own players, but we lose Poz, a guy they badly want to re-sign and praised as a leader. He was the one starter that most experts said we needed to keep (and the experts are usually more right than our GM). It looks bad to lose him and I doubt we have a back-up plan. I did not think Poz was a pro bowl caliber player, but he is probably better than any other available middle linebacker. Please don't tell me that Sheppard will be able to step in.

I agree that Poz chased the money, but we are left with yet another hole and the near certainty that it will not be adequately filled.

Sorry for the negative post, but I continue to have no confidence in this organization.

This organization, and anyone who tries to defend it, is a joke. They have done NOTHING to earn the trust of the fans. 4 wins, and people are salivating on this board about unproven rookies and how we will 10 games this year. Spiller has done NOTHING. Dareus was an easy pick that a 7 year old could have made. Beyond that, what has Nix done that warrents any praise? (Gailey is doing the best with the crap Nix gives him.) Nix said he'd "build through the draft" and then a player they draft leaves. I can't wait to see this defense get torn apart next year. Nix, do us all a favor and retire. The game has passed you by.

Meanwhile, a great TE undrafted FA from South Carolina was picked up by the Steelers yesterday. Now they have 2 legit TE's. NIX, WAKE UP!

Poz signed for $7 mil per year. The Bills drafted two ILBs from the SEC. Both were top tacklers in the SEC. The Bills are fine, and I almost think they had the foresight that Poz would be gone judging from their draft (as well as lack of depth too). They f'd up with Kelsay, we all know it. They weren't going to do the same with Poz, thankfully. Addition by subtraction. Good luck Poz. Enjoy your riches and lack of fans in Jacksonville.

Three things were shown by this and other non-moves:

1) Poz is a hypocrite.

2) Nix is a hypocrite (we will build through the draft, but not sign them when they are FA's.

3) Nix is a moron.

Also, saying that they drafted LB's who were top tacklers in the SEC just proves my point. These guys dont' know the system, missed OTA's etc. because of the lockout. Another wasted year of "rebuldling" coming up.

Buffalo Bills, "Rebuliding since 1999."

Yup, we've been rebuilding since '95 and we'll still be rebuilding in 2020. You'd think we'd be good at it by now. :angry:

Guess I was being generous with my 1999! I totally agree.

I for one am going to wait & see what tricks Nix has for us.

Name one good move Nix has done as GM to earn your trust. Draft a situational back w/ the 10th pick in 2010? Make an easy pick in this years draft. Nix is terrible.

Listen, I'm not one to sat Poz was a Pro Bowl player, but he was solid, a good leader and lockerroom guy and more specifically a guy we drafted. No matter who the coach or GM has been, out motto has been "build the team through the draft and keeping our players". Problem is....WE NEVER KEEP OUR OWN PLAYERS! Other than Kelsay, which still makes me vomit, we don't keep any of them. Makes it pretty tough to rebuild...

Exactly. This "build through the draft BS" dosen't work if you dont' resign them as FA's. Nix needs to watch the Steelers operate for a while. They just signed their top priority, Ike Taylor, and grabbed a great TE from South Carolina. Meanwhile, Nix is busy talking out of both sides of his a@@.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this means we are upset the Bills didn't keep a player fans didn't think was worth keeping?

PTR

please explain how a team builds through the draft when they can't resign their players. that's supposedly been part of nix' formula but he isn't even keeping that promise.

Poz signed for $7 mil per year. The Bills drafted two ILBs from the SEC. Both were top tacklers in the SEC. The Bills are fine, and I almost think they had the foresight that Poz would be gone judging from their draft (as well as lack of depth too). They f'd up with Kelsay, we all know it. They weren't going to do the same with Poz, thankfully. Addition by subtraction. Good luck Poz. Enjoy your riches and lack of fans in Jacksonville.

EXACTLY!

Don't spaz over lack of activity in FA.

Nothing you want to happen is going to happen in free agency.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. The Bills haven't been aggressive in free agency since Donahoe, that's just how they are. Also, no one comes to Buffalo if they have any other options. This argument has been done a million times, but the bottom line is that it's not an attractive destination and the team ends up having to overpay middle of the road talent that is more interested in a fat payday than winning.

I hope I'm wrong and they do something splashy, but I don't expect it. They had a good draft this year and they want to build from within. The Bills aren't going anywhere this year anyways - they couldn't win the NFC west, so of course they have no playoff shot in a division with the Jets and Patriots. Hopefully they are able to sign some project guys with upside, and one of them turns into something decent, and also flesh out the roster with a couple bottom tier but starting caliber players.

If they build it, they will come. Until then, expect more of the same. The draft got them going in a better direction, but it's still a long road ahead. Get into a mindset where your hope is that you simply see some overall improvement from last year, and some individual player growth.

I guess this means we are upset the Bills didn't keep a player fans didn't think was worth keeping?

PTR

+1

Here's the quote from his agent from the Buffalo News:

"Jacksonville plays a 4-3 defensive scheme, and that was the big factor in the decision, said Michael McCartney, Posluszny's Chicago-based agent.

"He got excited to play in a 4-3 defense in the middle," McCartney said. "He's leaving Buffalo with a heavy heart."

"I have so much respect for the Buffalo organization," McCartney said. "They did everything they could to try to sign him. But he felt more comfortable in a 4-3 defense. I want to emphasize how much respect I have for Jim Overdorf (Bills senior vice president of football administration) and the Bills. It was a tough decision."

Posluszny was drafted into the league as a 4-3 middle linebacker when the Bills took him in the second round in 2007. The Bills now use a 3-4 defense as their base scheme under coach Chan Gailey."

I think this was a career decision for Poz. If he feels he's the most effective under a 4-3, and his current team plays a 3-4, what's wrong with his decision, and what's wrong with the Bills letting him go?

From what I read in the quote, the decision had very little to do with money. And IMO, here's the ultimate fact: When a team is 4-12, every position is up for review.

I for one am going to wait & see what tricks Nix has for us.

Don't hold your breath on that one pale.

Don't spaz over lack of activity in FA.

Nothing you want to happen is going to happen in free agency.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. The Bills haven't been aggressive in free agency since Donahoe, that's just how they are. Also, no one comes to Buffalo if they have any other options. This argument has been done a million times, but the bottom line is that it's not an attractive destination and the team ends up having to overpay middle of the road talent that is more interested in a fat payday than winning.

I hope I'm wrong and they do something splashy, but I don't expect it. They had a good draft this year and they want to build from within. The Bills aren't going anywhere this year anyways - they couldn't win the NFC west, so of course they have no playoff shot in a division with the Jets and Patriots. Hopefully they are able to sign some project guys with upside, and one of them turns into something decent, and also flesh out the roster with a couple bottom tier but starting caliber players.

If they build it, they will come. Until then, expect more of the same. The draft got them going in a better direction, but it's still a long road ahead. Get into a mindset where your hope is that you simply see some overall improvement from last year, and some individual player growth.

+1. Unfortunately, I'm less optimistic about this years draft class than you but otherwise you nailed it.

We aren't going to spend on FAs.

We aren't able to re-sign guys.

We'll just end up with a bunch of UDFAs that'll maybe be ok, and then they'll leave to other teams in a couple years.

We're what the Expos were before they were shipped off to Washington.

This organization, and anyone who tries to defend it, is a joke. They have done NOTHING to earn the trust of the fans. 4 wins, and people are salivating on this board about unproven rookies and how we will 10 games this year. Spiller has done NOTHING. Dareus was an easy pick that a 7 year old could have made. Beyond that, what has Nix done that warrents any praise? (Gailey is doing the best with the crap Nix gives him.) Nix said he'd "build through the draft" and then a player they draft leaves. I can't wait to see this defense get torn apart next year. Nix, do us all a favor and retire. The game has passed you by.

Meanwhile, a great TE undrafted FA from South Carolina was picked up by the Steelers yesterday. Now they have 2 legit TE's. NIX, WAKE UP!

Three things were shown by this and other non-moves:

1) Poz is a hypocrite.

2) Nix is a hypocrite (we will build through the draft, but not sign them when they are FA's.

3) Nix is a moron.

Also, saying that they drafted LB's who were top tacklers in the SEC just proves my point. These guys dont' know the system, missed OTA's etc. because of the lockout. Another wasted year of "rebuldling" coming up.

Buffalo Bills, "Rebuliding since 1999."

Guess I was being generous with my 1999! I totally agree.

Name one good move Nix has done as GM to earn your trust. Draft a situational back w/ the 10th pick in 2010? Make an easy pick in this years draft. Nix is terrible.

Exactly. This "build through the draft BS" dosen't work if you dont' resign them as FA's. Nix needs to watch the Steelers operate for a while. They just signed their top priority, Ike Taylor, and grabbed a great TE from South Carolina. Meanwhile, Nix is busy talking out of both sides of his a@@.

Nix has not done much yet, agreed. Last year's draft showed nothing. I am not convinced Spiller will do anything and he never showed in college that he had the potential to be an every down back. I hated the pick too. Forget the obvious Dareus pick. I think Sheppard was a brilliant pick this year. He is a true leader on the field a la Rolando McClain. Just as we always hope guys pan out, at least the Bills drafted for defense this year. I am thankful Carolina picked Newton in order to stock our D with Dareus. Remember, Wannstadt was brought in to coach the LBs. I'm sure these guys will get up to speed fast. Also, an undrafted TE is all of the sudden anointed a "great" TE??? Great in college does not translate to the pros very often. Rarely (not saying never) do UDFAs become "great".