OS X Lion

Corp000085

Yes, I am "that guy"... The Apple fanboy who downloaded Lion within seconds of it being released on the app store. I was able to extract the installer file from the download and burn the image to DVD. I booted off the dvd and proved that it worked before I installed. Now, its been up for about 15 minutes. Beyond the gestures and scrolling from the trackpad and mail/ical/address book, I haven't noticed much in the way of differences yet. Anyone else get 10.7 yet?

Yes, I am "that guy"... The Apple fanboy who downloaded Lion within seconds of it being released on the app store. I was able to extract the installer file from the download and burn the image to DVD. I booted off the dvd and proved that it worked before I installed. Now, its been up for about 15 minutes. Beyond the gestures and scrolling from the trackpad and mail/ical/address book, I haven't noticed much in the way of differences yet. Anyone else get 10.7 yet?

Can I install it on my Dell yet, or do they still have that ridiculous "the machine must have an Apple logo" restriction in the EULA?

Can I install it on my Dell yet, or do they still have that ridiculous "the machine must have an Apple logo" restriction in the EULA?

Why would they change? You can't over charge for hardware if your OS can be installed on any system.

Havent grabbed it yet, but some coworkers have. Im waiting on their reports before jumping in. Good Luck!

There wont be many differences in this release. This is the last of the big cats (hence the King). The next OS that Apple releases will be the big change. Im guessing to a more iOS type platform.

Havent grabbed it yet, but some coworkers have. Im waiting on their reports before jumping in. Good Luck!

There wont be many differences in this release. This is the last of the big cats (hence the King). The next OS that Apple releases will be the big change. Im guessing to a more iOS type platform.

Not much to report yet... If you're going to upgrade, I recommend pulling the install file from the package and imaging it to DVD. That way, when something bad happens, you have the option to format and reinstall fresh rather than using the 10.6 disc, updating to 10.6.8 and redownloading 10.7 from the app store.

Why would they change? You can't over charge for hardware if your OS can be installed on any system.

If Apple's marketing is any proof, you can overcharge for anything if you put an "i" in front of the name.

Of course you can. It'll just take up 4 GB of space and be about as useful as Conner.