Riter Radio is a thing of the past (at least on WECK)

theesir

Sat Rad is the way these guys will make money, or selling their rights directly as subs.

AM radio is still fun but outdated. FM radio is god-awful. Sat Radio has everything you need, and in most cases - sports talk is sports talk. The only thing Sat Rad does not have is local sports shows BUT that is why you can do podcasts.

I think it was before '89.

oh god, that was WAAAAAAY before '89. That was probably closer to 84.

Right - that's what I was saying. I think it was maybe 84 and it came back as 97 Rock again in 87 or so.

Maybe I was wrong. I know it between 84-89 because thats when I worked in East Aurora and I would listen to 97 rock on the way to work from OP. It was very weird to turn on 97 and hear Tom Jones. I don't know when they switched back because by then I was listening to a station from Canada.

Am I missing something? The Twitter feed says that the "show will go on" and that "big announcement coming." Sounds to me like they are going to resurface on another station - hopefully one with a better signal.

I wonder if It's WGR550. They had a station meeting yesterday. Mike Schopp wasn't on the afternoon show. Not sure if He's really on "Vacation" or Perminant Vacation. Maybe something big is gonna happen At WGR

I wonder if It's WGR550. They had a station meeting yesterday. Mike Schopp wasn't on the afternoon show. Not sure if He's really on "Vacation" or Perminant Vacation. Maybe something big is gonna happen At WGR

Brad left on pretty bad terms at GR it seems to me.........Unless the program director leaves, I doubt he'll ever be back there.

Am I missing something? The Twitter feed says that the "show will go on" and that "big announcement coming." Sounds to me like they are going to resurface on another station - hopefully one with a better signal.

I'm guessing it's going to be a podcast