Returning to The Plantation

It's an interesting point, because it seems if anyone is passionate about racial issues they are deemed a racist. Runs in line with that "shut up" piece posted a while back.

Showing off your passion by rushing to the posting line to highlight the evils of blacks in America qualifies as racist in my book. You probably have different standards.

Showing off your passion by rushing to the posting line to highlight the evils of blacks in America qualifies as racist in my book. You probably have different standards.

I love the moral outrage. I don't follow every thread so maybe that is the case. However, if someone rushes to the posting line to show the pervasiveness of "reverse" racism, I don't immediately label that person a racist. I tend to think a lot of people, and apparently you are one of them, are too damned sensitive about racism.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2011/06/22/americas_new_racists

http://www.nationalreview.com/author/56454/latest

I love the moral outrage. I don't follow every thread so maybe that is the case. However, if someone rushes to the posting line to show the pervasiveness of "reverse" racism, I don't immediately label that person a racist. I tend to think a lot of people, and apparently you are one of them, are too damned sensitive about racism.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2011/06/22/americas_new_racists

http://www.nationalreview.com/author/56454/latest

So when the point is made that it's not the fact that Dave posts racially inflammatory material, but that virtually every single post he makes is racially inflammatory, you throw out the PC card (even while admitting that you don't follow his posting history)?

People are not as "sensitive" about racism as you imagine, but it also helps to filter out real conversation from race baiting (on both sides).

Try again.

So when the point is made that it's not the fact that Dave posts racially inflammatory material, but that virtually every single post he makes is racially inflammatory, you throw out the PC card (even while admitting that you don't follow his posting history)?

People are not as "sensitive" about racism as you imagine, but it also helps to filter out real conversation from race baiting (on both sides).

Try again.

He will end up getting banned. AD will wander by and tombstone him hopefully.

Rob, racism is bad no matter the color of the skin of the person doing it. The blacks committing these atrocities should be condemned as badly as their white counterparts. Should the black community be blamed for not policing their own? Sure. What I do find hopeful is that outside certain urban sprawls, racism seems to be receding. even here in Mississippi, among youth. Your own article says that. So they aren't policing their own, for say the last 20 years. Hopefully, it won't take them as long as it took us to rectify that fact.

Oh and incidentally, I am willing to discuss race. Just not with a contemptible scum like Dave. Hell, I would even discuss it with 3rdling. He may be a partisan hack, but I don't really sense he is racist.

Rob, racism is bad no matter the color of the skin of the person doing it. The blacks committing these atrocities should be condemned as badly as their white counterparts. Should the black community be blamed for not policing their own? Sure. What I do find hopeful is that outside certain urban sprawls, racism seems to be receding. even here in Mississippi, among youth. Your own article says that. So they aren't policing their own, for say the last 20 years. Hopefully, it won't take them as long as it took us to rectify that fact.

Oh and incidentally, I am willing to discuss race. Just not with a contemptible scum like Dave. Hell, I would even discuss it with 3rdling. He may be a partisan hack, but I don't really sense he is racist.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :oops: I thought I was responding to someone else.

It's not just Dave, although I have seen him get flamed for linking some fairly innocuous articles, but generally people seem afraid to call it out for fear of being accused of racism. Worse is the theory that one race has historically been victimized so now innocent people of another race are supposed to shut up and take it out of some perverse sense of fairness. With the likes of Eric Holder running the justice department there is a lot of room for concern.

It's not just Dave, although I have seen him get flamed for linking some fairly innocuous articles, but generally people seem afraid to call it out for fear of being accused of racism. Worse is the theory that one race has historically been victimized so now innocent people of another race are supposed to shut up and take it out of some perverse sense of fairness. With the likes of Eric Holder running the justice department there is a lot of room for concern.

It is the fact he is a one-note poster. If he had simply started one thread and even posted there all the separate incidents I would probably have let it pass. After time, it becomes obvious what his intent is to most. Holder's comments could be taken one way or another. We are cowards about talking about race. This I freely admit. He should have prosecuted those punks though.

Edited by Booster4324

Dave's on a crusade.

That's pretty much the gist of it. I haven't seen him NOT post about an issue where he didn't make it black vs. white.

It's so rewarding to watch a protégé spread his wings and branch out on his own...

You aren't being serious.

Let me help you to re-think that statement...or at least the word protege.

You actually know something. Booster often knows less than nothing: as in, he is out to prove the inaccurate.

This is about schadenfreude for you. This is about self-congratulation for Booster.

You can actually make a point, never mind defend one. Booster struggles mightily if he succeeds at all.

There is a giant difference between:

"Article 1, section 8. You're an idiot!" - you = short, accurate, biting

and

:cry: - booster = meaningless, clueless, pointless

Need I continue? Protege? No.