Returning to The Plantation

Wow, that was a joke you tool. Pull the stick out of your ass.

I'm on the ignore too? :blink:

I guess it didn't meet my criteria for being a joke.

Yes, you are on that arrogant ass's "ignore list" to the extent that he's going to make a comment pertaining to you.

How has poverty changed over time?

In the late 1950s, the poverty rate for all Americans was 22.4 percent, or 39.5 million individuals. These numbers declined steadily throughout the 1960s, reaching a low of 11.1 percent, or 22.9 million individuals, in 1973. Over the next decade, the poverty rate fluctuated between 11.1 and 12.6 percent, but it began to rise steadily again in 1980. By 1983, the number of poor individuals had risen to 35.3 million individuals, or 15.2 percent.

For the next ten years, the poverty rate remained between 12.8 percent and 15.0 percent, increasing to 15.1 percent, or 39.3 million individuals, by 1993. The rate declined for the remainder of the decade, to 11.3 percent by 2000. From 2000 to 2004 it rose each year to 12.7 in 2004.

In the recession, the nation’s poverty rate climbed to 13.2 percent in 2008, up from 12.5 percent in 2007, In 2009, 14.3 percent of all persons lived in poverty.

Since the late 1960s, the poverty rate for people over 65 has fallen dramatically. The poverty rate for children has historically been somewhat higher than the overall poverty rate. The poverty rate for people in households headed by single women is significantly higher than the overall poverty rate.

link to graph

So far everyone posting in this thread is on my ignore. Hoping for Dave in Norfolk, ...lybob, 1billsfan...and maybe a missive from OC. Come on fellas.

:lol: Easily played. I expect DC Tom to get it sooner or later. The rest who knows? Booster never will. All respect to pyrite, which inspired my thinking on this approach. Well, the method, not the intended result...

Anyway, all fun tactics aside, wrt the article:

1. How is this not a shock to anyone? Anybody who has ever collected unemployment for longer than a few months will tell you....sooner or later things start to get weird. Now try what amounts to a lifetime of unemployment...yeah, things would be really weird.

2. A long time ago, the content of this article was related to me practically word for word by a black guy . I had always thought that my negative experiences with social engineering in schools was an aberration, and that overall the ideas were sound. I was told that not only was I mistaken, that I was actually being a bastard by supporting things like affirmative action, and my new black friend was imploring me to cut it out.

3. As I was saying elsewhere: unfortunately we have people in this country who both lack introspection, and, are arrogant enough to have appointed themselves the "life builders" of others, and see no solutions other than taking command of other people's lives, based purely on the supposition that "they know better" with no contingency for "what if they don't?".

4. Despite all their efforts, their entire set of arguments are based on false premises...and arrogance...and on the systematic dehumanizing of other people, and given their abilities....it's all FAIL!

Liberals love to bring up Jesus and ask conservatives "what would Jesus do?"

Let's bring that full circle and ask: would Jesus create the Department of Education? HHS? Medicaid? Whatever happened to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's", there Mr. "What Would Jesus Do?" Smarmy Assclown?

Would Jesus support the destruction of a man's intellect, self-respect, and soul....for a few fish?

We have problem children in this country who think they are both Jesus and Caesar. :blink: As if that wasn't enough, they honestly believe that their seriously flawed ideology will work, simply because they are wiser and more capable than those who have failed with it in the past. We need to free ourselves from their delusions of grandeur and their breathtaking arrogance. They are nothing but FAIL, and we can't let them be in charge ever again.

:lol: Easily played. I expect DC Tom to get it sooner or later. The rest who knows? Booster never will. All respect to pyrite, which inspired my thinking on this approach. Well, the method, not the intended result...

Anyway, all fun tactics aside, wrt the article:

1. How is this not a shock to anyone? Anybody who has ever collected unemployment for longer than a few months will tell you....sooner or later things start to get weird. Now try what amounts to a lifetime of unemployment...yeah, things would be really weird.

2. A long time ago, the content of this article was related to me practically word for word by a black guy . I had always thought that my negative experiences with social engineering in schools was an aberration, and that overall the ideas were sound. I was told that not only was I mistaken, that I was actually being a bastard by supporting things like affirmative action, and my new black friend was imploring me to cut it out.

3. As I was saying elsewhere: unfortunately we have people in this country who both lack introspection, and, are arrogant enough to have appointed themselves the "life builders" of others, and see no solutions other than taking command of other people's lives, based purely on the supposition that "they know better" with no contingency for "what if they don't?".

4. Despite all their efforts, their entire set of arguments are based on false premises...and arrogance...and on the systematic dehumanizing of other people, and given their abilities....it's all FAIL!

Liberals love to bring up Jesus and ask conservatives "what would Jesus do?"

Let's bring that full circle and ask: would Jesus create the Department of Education? HHS? Medicaid? Whatever happened to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's", there Mr. "What Would Jesus Do?" Smarmy Assclown?

Would Jesus support the destruction of a man's intellect, self-respect, and soul....for a few fish?

We have problem children in this country who think they are both Jesus and Caesar. :blink: As if that wasn't enough, they honestly believe that their seriously flawed ideology will work, simply because they are wiser and more capable than those who have failed with it in the past. We need to free ourselves from their delusions of grandeur and their breathtaking arrogance. They are nothing but FAIL, and we can't let them be in charge ever again.

And the first clue that you are talking to one, they start their statements with "let me be clear"

So you are not a complete idiot and recognize Dave is a racist. Congrats.

You never miss an opportunity to get your snarky, snively little comments in, do you? I'm not going to call Dave a racist, but more of a "one trick pony". His original posts on an individual basis, I don't have much of a problem with. It's the sheer volume of his posts that could be traced back to race causing him the problem. It's also that he doesn't create any/many original posts about any other subjects that have many on this board concluding and labeling him a racist. It's gotten to the point that any time race is brought up here it's so politically incorrect that a person runs the risk of being called a racist. Thank God we are still allowed to call people douche's here, douche.

You never miss an opportunity to get your snarky, snively little comments in, do you? I'm not going to call Dave a racist, but more of a "one trick pony". His original posts on an individual basis, I don't have much of a problem with. It's the sheer volume of his posts that could be traced back to race causing him the problem. It's also that he doesn't create any/many original posts about any other subjects that have many on this board concluding and labeling him a racist. It's gotten to the point that any time race is brought up here it's so politically incorrect that a person runs the risk of being called a racist. Thank God we are still allowed to call people douche's here, douche.

It's an interesting point, because it seems if anyone is passionate about racial issues they are deemed a racist. Runs in line with that "shut up" piece posted a while back.

Congrats, only took you a few months to realize he is a racist. Still makes you sharper than most.

Congrats, only took you a few months to realize he is a racist. Still makes you sharper than most.

A little reading comprehension problem? I specifically said that I wasn't going to call Dave a racist. I said that he was more like a "one trick pony" with his posts. You are close to gaining Connor/pBrain/DaveinNorfolk status.

It's so rewarding to watch a protégé spread his wings and branch out on his own...

I presume that you are talking about Booster, but I am confused. You are proud of the fact that he is your protege?