Any of you guys need your lawn mowed?

You come out of college with plans of making big money, and everything goes on hold,” said Dareus, the third overall pick by the Buffalo Bills. “It grinds you.”

Oh well....

Please, tell me what's wrong about expecting to be paid after being hired by someone. I can't wait to hear why this is such a horrible thing.

Please, tell me what's wrong about expecting to be paid after being hired by someone. I can't wait to hear why this is such a horrible thing.

You misinterpretted his quote. The key is "big money". He should poll his fellow graduates (oops--you know what I mean) as to how many are making "big money" out of college, or how many really expected to.

Nothing wrong with big money at all. But you have to earn it.

He hasn't been hired yet, by the way.

You misinterpretted his quote. The key is "big money". He should poll his fellow graduates (oops--you know what I mean) as to how many are making "big money" out of college, or how many really expected to.

Nothing wrong with big money at all. But you have to earn it.

He hasn't been hired yet, by the way.

Once a player is drafted they're hired. The rest is negotiating salary, which could take a while, but ultimately, will happen. He should expect big money. His field provides those of his calibre with big money. If you take issue with that it is an issue you need to take up with ownership.

His fellow graduates, if they had a unique skill, could expect big money also. If they are proud graduates that are on par with other proud grads they can expect entry level salaries. Nothing wrong with that either. It's just supply and demand.

Edited by purple haze