I Just Bet $100 on the Bengals

BenchBledsoe

I just bet $100 on the Bengals to WIN the game against the Bills this week. I'd be glad to lose the money to see a Bills victory. However, if we do lose, I needed something to ease the pain.

That said, I do not have a good feeling about the Bills chances in this one. They are so due for a loss, and remember. . . it is on the road. Just a few weeks ago the road was definately a sure loss for us. I'm hoping the bad weather slows Chad Johnson and TJ Housitanyway. Those two have been ridiculous lately.

Oh, and I did also lay down $50 on Denver. I think they'll win, seeing as how we need them to lose so badly.

I just bet $100 on the Bengals to WIN the game against the Bills this week. I'd be glad to lose the money to see a Bills victory. However, if we do lose, I needed something to ease the pain.

That said, I do not have a good feeling about the Bills chances in this one. They are so due for a loss, and remember. . . it is on the road. Just a few weeks ago the road was definately a sure loss for us. I'm hoping the bad weather slows Chad Johnson and TJ Housitanyway. Those two have been ridiculous lately.

Oh, and I did also lay down $50 on Denver. I think they'll win, seeing as how we need them to lose so badly.

165133[/snapback]

I love to gamble, but even if I was a degenerate gambler and I thought I had a lock with Buffalo not winning, I could NEVER, may I repeat NEVER bet against the Bills winning!

You call yourself a Bills fan?

I love to gamble, but even if I was a degenerate gambler and I thought I had a lock with Buffalo not winning, I could NEVER, may I repeat NEVER bet against the Bills winning!

165140[/snapback]

I'm such a big fan, and this is such a big game. . . that if they do lose (god forbid) that I need $100 to stomach it. I said to myself that IF they are going to lose, I'm at least going to monetarily profit from it . . . yep.

165140[/snapback]

I gamble every weekend. Not a lot, but I always take games that look good to me, and if one of them is the Bills game, then I'll take it. You shouldn't question how much a fan I am if I bet against them because I'm not betting for the Bills to lose, but rather I'm betting on them not covering the spread. If I see a game where I know they're gonna lose, but they're favorites, I'll bet against them...not because I'm some sadistic fug, but because I can make money on the loss on a moneyline wager. And like the dude who posted this thread said...if they win, I don't care about losing the money. How many times would YOU pay money to watch the Bills win?

Don't judge people who bet against the Bills to lose. Instead, judge people who are stupid enough to post that bet it on a Bills message board.

I gamble every weekend. Not a lot, but I always take games that look good to me, and if one of them is the Bills game, then I'll take it. You shouldn't question how much a fan I am if I bet against them because I'm not betting for the Bills to lose, but rather I'm betting on them not covering the spread. If I see a game where I know they're gonna lose, but they're favorites, I'll bet against them...not because I'm some sadistic fug, but because I can make money on the loss on a moneyline wager. And like the dude who posted this thread said...if they win, I don't care about losing the money. How many times would YOU pay money to watch the Bills win?

Don't judge people who bet against the Bills to lose. Instead, judge people who are stupid enough to post that bet it on a Bills message board.

165152[/snapback]

I'm willing to pay money later in the season too, to see them beat Pittsburgh. But, the Pittsburgh game will be MOOT if they lose to Cincy. Make no mistake, this IS the game of the year, and will for all real purposes end our season if we lose. To that end, I want them to win so bad that I'm willing to pay $100 to see it!

165140[/snapback]

Never, ever, bet against your team. That boy ain't right!

What if the Bengals win by 1 point? Or did you get an even spread?

In my "pick'm" league, we pick against the spread and weight one of the week's games with 7 points and one game with 5 points (the rest are 1 point). At first I gave the Bills my 7 points... Then I changed it to 5... Now I gave the Bengals my 5 points. I'm torn... I think we'll win... But if we don't, it'd be nice to get the points from the pick'm league. Decisions, decisions... But I do understand where the OP is coming from.

CW

165133[/snapback]

I have never and will never bet for or against the Buffalo Bills under any circumstances I know they would screw me....and I would have to say (I know it sounds crazy) that the joy a Bills SB win would bring me more joy than money. I have lived and died with this team too many times to put a monetary value on it. And I would love, even if just for a single offseason to brag about being champions to all the fuggin Niner fans back home who don't even really like their team or know anything about them, but they know that they won some titles so they think they're superior and they like to bring it up. Kiss your hundie goodbye and for saying you would root against the Bills you should definitely never call yourself a fan. Oh yeah and just a few weeks ago we were 1-5...ass.

You shouldn't question how much a fan I am if I bet against them because I'm not betting for the Bills to lose, but rather I'm betting on them not covering the spread. If I see a game where I know they're gonna lose, but they're favorites, I'll bet against them...not because I'm some sadistic fug, but because I can make money on the loss on a moneyline wager. And like the dude who posted this thread said...if they win, I don't care about losing the money. How many times would YOU pay money to watch the Bills win?

165152[/snapback]

He said, "I just bet $100 on the Bengals to WIN the game against the Bills this week."

Which means that he either took a straight up bet against the Bills or he bet the moneyline. Either one means that he bets the Bills outright lose! I'm sorry but as a Bills fan I WILL NOT BET AGAINST THE BILLS WINNING!

I hope you at least bet on the spread rather than on the Bengals to win outright. If they did happen to win outright, you'd still win your bet, but if it turns out to be a close game you might end up being able to have your cake and eat it too.

I don't gamble at all, but if I did, I would probably avoid betting Bills games. If I were betting on the Bills Bengals game, I would probably bet the over rather than trying to beat the spread.

My best friend and fellow Bills fan, bet $50 with me that the Bills would not finish better than .500 this season. He's pretty po'd right now. He'll NEVER bet against the Bills - ever again. He wants to take my money (sibling rivalry, sort of) but wants the Bills to win too. He knows that he wants Buffalo to win out but he's scared that they'll finish 9-7. He'll lose to me and the Bills would likely miss the play-offs. A double loss for him. Bad bet on all counts.

My Bills brothers and sisters: If the game is that easy for you to pick and it means betting against Buffalo, pass on the game. It will be like blood money. Your team loses but you win a few bucks. BFD. I'd rather not win gambling on the NFL than bet against my team. It's not worth it. There's what, 14, 15 other games to chose from if you must bet the NFL. I just couldn't enjoy the dough knowing that I profited from betting against my Bills. It's like betting against a family member.

:devil::D:P

Make no mistake, this IS the game of the year, and will for all real purposes end our season if we lose.

165154[/snapback]

Unless we win...in which case next week's game is THE game of the year. Unless we win...in which case the NEXT WEEK'S game is the game of the year.

Drives me nuts when people say this is the biggest game of the year. It's the biggest game of the year like Brittney Spears marrying her high school sweetheart in Vegas was the biggest day of her life.

165133[/snapback]

Bwahahaha Your the guy who the bookie LOVES to see coming. By the way dont come around with your "I am a bills fan" crap. You could give a damn about the bills and I could care less if you do. Let me guess your 23 years old and started to like the bills in 1990. Theres no fair weather in buffalo so move along.