Red Sox signed....

wwovince

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Clement to a 3 year deal for about 25 million. Our rotation gets younger the Spankees get older ill take that any day. Now no more baseball talk from me ALL BILLS!!!

165128[/snapback]

Solid signing by he Red Sox, again Im laughing how you MUST mention the Yankees....very pathetic if you ask me

So Matt Clement and David Wells are going to suck in Boston coming over from the National League but Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright will be spectacular is that it?

165683[/snapback]

As a Yankees fan, I recall a few 4 letter words coming out of my mouth when they signed Jaret Wright, TERRIBLE SIGNING!!!

Jaret Wright will equal Steve Trout

At least you're most likely going to see Randy Johnson on the mound every 5th day. That automatically makes Mike Mussina better. Pavano will be fine as a #3 and then whatever you get out of Jaret Wright and Kevin Brown will be gravy.

My hope is that the sum of Wells and Clement can come close to what Martinez and Lowe was. If not, our team isnt as good as last year.

At least you're most likely going to see Randy Johnson on the mound every 5th day.  That automatically makes Mike Mussina better.    Pavano will be fine as a #3 and then whatever you get out of Jaret Wright and Kevin Brown will be gravy.

My hope is that the sum of Wells and Clement can come close to what Martinez and Lowe was.    If not, our team isnt as good as last year.

165700[/snapback]

May I ask, why are the Sox just letting Lowe go? Any reason?? Im suprised since he was so important for the Sox in the playoffs

May I ask, why are the Sox just letting Lowe go?  Any reason??  Im suprised since he was so important for the Sox in the playoffs

165701[/snapback]

He won't resign with Boston because Theo was a dick to him during the playoffs. After game 7 in Yankee stadium Theo shook every Redsox player's hand BUT Lowe because, "he isn't a Redsox".

Class act by Theo.

May I ask, why are the Sox just letting Lowe go?  Any reason??  Im suprised since he was so important for the Sox in the playoffs

165701[/snapback]

From what I understand, Red Sox management felt Lowe was too inconsistent from start to start. They did offer him arbitration but dont expect him to accept it.

To me, the guy has been money in the highest of high pressure situations and that has to count for something. I wouldnt mind seeing him back.

By the way, doesnt Randy Johnson wear #51? Who gives up the number, he or Bernie Williams?

He won't resign with Boston because Theo was a dick to him during the playoffs. After game 7 in Yankee stadium Theo shook every Redsox player's hand BUT Lowe because, "he isn't a Redsox".

Class act by Theo.

165710[/snapback]

Where did you read that? And do you have a link? I cant imagine Theo saying something like that.

Where did you read that?  And do you have a link?    I cant imagine Theo saying something like that.

165714[/snapback]

I don't have a link, but I swear I'm not making that up. I remember hearing the press conference on YES after the game where Theo said that. Plus, I remember Charlie Stiener talking about how while the Sox were celebrating in the locker room, Lowe was walking around the monuments behind the wall.

I like Theo, but he doesn't have tact sometimes. He was mad about Lowe not renegotiating earlier in the year and made it clear that he wouldn't be a Redsox in 2005.

I don't have a link, but I swear I'm not making that up. I remember hearing the press conference on YES after the game where Theo said that. Plus, I remember Charlie Stiener talking about how while the Sox were celebrating in the locker room, Lowe was walking around the monuments behind the wall.

I like Theo, but he doesn't have tact sometimes. He was mad about Lowe not renegotiating earlier in the year and made it clear that he wouldn't be a Redsox in 2005.

165716[/snapback]

I'd take what YES and Yankee broadcasters say with a grain of salt. I'm not saying that Theo and co. have been all warm and cuddly regarding Lowe but I dont imagine they treated him that bad.

From what I understand, Red Sox management felt Lowe was too inconsistent from start to start.  They did offer him arbitration but dont expect him to accept it. 

To me, the guy has been money in the highest of high pressure situations and that has to count for something.  I wouldnt mind seeing him back.   

By the way, doesnt Randy Johnson wear #51?    Who gives up the number, he or Bernie Williams?

165712[/snapback]

I think the Sox should bite the bullet and sign Lowe, even if these Theo not liking Lowe stories are accurate...

#51 for Randy John$on? If Bernie gives that up to Randy, Id be pissed.

Im not a fan of this Johnson trade long term.

I'd take what YES and Yankee broadcasters say with a grain of salt.    I'm not saying that Theo and co. have been all warm and cuddly regarding Lowe but I dont imagine they treated him that bad.

165719[/snapback]

Oh, I agree. I'm just sayign there is some real bad blood there.

So Theo goes out and signs Clement???

165718[/snapback]

Big difference is Clement has more of an ability to make people swing and miss whereas batters often put the ball in play vs Lowe and there are definately times in a game where you NEED a big K. Perhaps they feel that A. Clement will come cheaper and B. Clement can get the big strikeout when needed. That and his ERA and WHIP was a lot better than Lowe's.

I think the Sox should bite the bullet and sign Lowe, even if these Theo not liking Lowe stories are accurate...

#51 for Randy John$on? If Bernie gives that up to Randy, Id be pissed. 

Im not a fan of this Johnson trade long term.

165720[/snapback]

True, Randy Johnson has to start declining in ability sometime doesnt he? Javier Vazquez is what 27-28? He'll do well in Los Angeles. I dont know too much about the prospects you gave up.

I think Arizona makes out pretty good in this deal if Brad Penny is healthy.

Big difference is Clement has more of an ability to make people swing and miss whereas batters often put the ball in play vs Lowe and there are definately times in a game where you NEED a big K.    Perhaps they feel that A. Clement will come cheaper and B. Clement can get the big strikeout when needed.    That and his ERA and WHIP was a lot better than Lowe's.

165724[/snapback]

Or you get a ball to the backstop from Clement when he gets his hand too far on the side of the ball when he throws his slider resulting in a 54 foot ball 6 feet to the right of the catcher...a good pitcher but he definitely did not step up much in clutch situations for my Cubbies I am actually glad to see him go and underachieve somewhere else, plus when Strikeout Sammy gets traded that clears the way for that Beltran guy.

True,  Randy Johnson has to start declining in ability sometime doesnt he?    Javier Vazquez is what 27-28?  He'll do well in Los Angeles. 

165726[/snapback]

When has a big signee/trade ever worked in recent years for the Dodgers? Green will probably go out and hit 40 homers again.