Former Indy punter Hunter Smith

I remember when this guy got drunk and spouted off and Manning called him an idiot punter. Good for him straightening his life out. Some of the anti-religion crowd here will bash him but it is better than drinking binges.

Also did you notice the date-line?

ZIONSVILLE, Ind. -- So here are me and....

Some people around here will NOT like the name of that particular town.

I remember when this guy got drunk and spouted off and Manning called him an idiot punter. Good for him straightening his life out. Some of the anti-religion crowd here will bash him but it is better than drinking binges.

A christian rock band in Zionistville? Singing to a group of men in braids? Not likely.

What I thought was interesting was the comment about how players are not prepared for post-football life. I guess I should have highlighted that section of the article.

Thanks to B-E-D for correcting the kicker reference.

Religion is great for some people. I'm only "anti-religion" when those people decide I need to believe what they believe.

PTR

"I remember when this guy got drunk and spouted off and Manning called him an idiot punter."

That was Mike Vanderjagt (or similar)

Mike Vanderjagt is a kicker, not a punter.

What I thought was interesting was the comment about how players are not prepared for post-football life. I guess I should have highlighted that section of the article.

Thanks to B-E-D for correcting the kicker reference.

It was a punter reference… Punter Smith.

Let's be accurate here. A dolphin isn't a fish and a chimpanzee isn't a monkey… it's an ape.

Also, Vanderjagt is Canadian, like Steve Christie who also was not a punter.