Stopping the run

Could we have actually had Dom Caper as our D coordinator? I wouldn't have objected to that at all.

Capers signed with GB in January of '09. Fewell was entrenched as our D coordinator and we were running DJ's version of the Tampa 2. Capers was never even a consideration. Nor should he have been given the context of that time.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Head coach Chan Gailey is an excellent offensive tactician.

Assistant head coach Dave Wannstedt is an excellent defensive tactician.

We have among the best of both worlds and I just don't get this "Ralph is cheap", "nobody wants to come to Buffalo" mentality. I can imagine the stupid look on some faces around here when the Bills put together a good string of wins this year. Seriously, what is with you guys?

Could we have actually had Dom Caper as our D coordinator? I wouldn't have objected to that at all.

It would have been tough, and expensive...but pretty sweet. Looks like he made the right decision with super bowl ring and everything though.

That's hindsight though, at this point I am happy that the FO put in the effort to try and improve by bringing in Wanndstatd as others have mentioned.

Head coach Chan Gailey is an excellent offensive tactician.

Assistant head coach Dave Wannstedt is an excellent defensive tactician.

We have among the best of both worlds and I just don't get this "Ralph is cheap", "nobody wants to come to Buffalo" mentality. I can imagine the stupid look on some faces around here when the Bills put together a good string of wins this year. Seriously, what is with you guys?

I like the above mentioned pickups, our last two coaches were WAY worse (Mularkey/Jauron now OC/DC's).Honestly though, Ralph is pretty "frugal". He refuses to spend to the cap or sign virtually any free agents. Having said that we ARE one of the smallest markets, with some of the lowest ticket prices. So without seeing his books, maybe we just simply can't afford it.

As far as the "nobody wants to come to Buffalo" mentality", I am in full agreement. Just because we had some losing seasons doesn't mean coaches and players won't come here...we just have to make the right play for them. If the FO shows players an coaches they are serious about improving, they will come. The Wannstedt signing shows just that...

Edited by Turbosrrgood